Discussion Board

Carbide 1.0 to 1.2 library issue

Sorry for the double post in SDK & Tools forum.

Hi

I'm trying to migrate from Carbide 1.0 to 1.2 because I would like to use on-device debugging.

My problem is that I have our product compiled using gcce as libraries. In Carbide 1.0 express I could add them to the build configuration and the linker found them.

My issue is now that I can't figure out how to make Carbide 1.2 dev find my libraries.

My libraries were built using the gcc+ CSL arm toolchain (arm-none-symbianelf-gcc.exe) that comes with the SDK so I guess it should be ok for Carbide 1.2 as well.

I have tried adding my libraries (*.a) to the mmp file, putting them in epoc32/release/armv5/lib folder, adding them through the project settings but I still get "undefined reference" except if I put them in the mmp file using LIBRARY tag then I get something like $epoc32/release/armv5/lib/mylibrary.dso No such file or directory which I understand since I don't use *.dso.

Has anyone had these issues and figured out how to solve them? I mean it shouldn't matter if I use Carbide 1.0 or 1.2. Libraries that link in 1.0 should link in 1.2 too.

Sincerely,

Martin

Re: Carbide 1.0 to 1.2 library issue

Hi

Did you use the mmp-editor in Carbide1.2? Double click the mmp-file (down-left-corner) and you can see the editor. Then choose the Libraries section and you can add the libraries you need.

Hi Vivelu

Thanks for the input. I noticed that after adding my libraries in (Right Click Project->Properties->C/C++ Project Paths->Libraries Tab) they suddenly appear in my mmp editor and I can add them that way.

My first problem is that I did not add them as static libraries so I got an error that my lib was not *.dso. Now I added them as static library but it seems I don't have the correct static library path in my settings.

Could anyone tell me how to add library paths in Carbide 1.2?

I also read somewhere on the forum that only one STATICLIBRARY can be used. Is this true?

- Martin

Hi again

We now managed to build the project by adding our libraries to the c:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\Epoc32\release\armv5\udeb\ folder.

This is just a temporary solution and we would really like to specify our own library path. Could anyone enlighten us on how that is done?

Another question we would like to solve is that we would like to have our source on a different drive letter and link it as a remote folder.

Carbide tells us that it wants the source on the same drive as the SDK so we wonder if there is a workarround for this.

If there is it means that we could share source location between our projects built for wince using vs2005 and those built for Symbian using Carbide.

Hi,
    I've the same problem. I can't compile my ARMV5 platform, compiler always return same error for every project I build:

Code:
    Error : Cannot find file : C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\Epoc32\release\ARMV5\UDEB\my_project.exe
    in every project's pkg file is line:
    Code:
    "$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\release\$(PLATFORM)\$(TARGET)\my_project.exe"		-"!:\sys\bin\my_project.exe"
    What should I change or add in my Carbide C++ configuration?
    I use Carbide v1.3.

Hiero

Nokia Developer Moderator

Do you actually have RVCT (RealView Compiler Toolkit from ARM, it costs some heavy money, so you will certainly remember if you have bought it)? If not, you should rather experiment with GCCE targets - note that the GCCE compiler also has to be installed ("CSL Toolchain (GCCE) Install" in the SDK's program group, if you have not executed it yet).

Yes, I had found out few hours ago that this compiler isn't installed because it cost a lot of money, but I'm new with defferent compilation platforms.

In any case thanks for answer.