Discussion Board

RE: 8910i and SyncML

According to http://discussions.info.apple.com/WebX?128@23.PnQNal2qg1l.3@.3bbb8b0f

The 8910 works fine with iSync

So, what the heck did you Nokia people do to finally make it work? Issue a nice Firmware update for all Bluetooth Nokia Phones so we can use your crippled implementation of Bluetooth

8910i and SyncML

Looking at all the new phones that are available, i can't see one that shows local bluetooth synching with SyncML.

Being a Mac user, i have this great app called iSync that synchronises data on my palm, .mac account and COULD sync my phone IF Nokia had local BT sync capability.

The 8910i has bluetooth and mentions in the tech spec: ' Finally, local connectivity, facilitated by embedded Bluetooth and infrared modules'. Does this mean SyncML or is it a Nokia proprietry interface?

i was unfortunate in getting the 7650 as having BT and SyncML did not mean local BT Sync capability (!) so i think for the sake of my wallet i need to be more careful in my research before any new phone purchase.

So my bottom line question: will the 8910i work with iSync on my Mac? and if not, when will Nokia release a phone that will or are they happy leaving that market serviced by sony erkssom?

Nokia Developer Expert

Hello!

The Nokia 8910i does not have local sync features.

Teemu / Forum Nokia

There is no devices on the market with support for Local sync using SyncML protocol. iSync does not use SyncMl. Mac planning to update it with support for wireless sync using SyncML.
    Good Luck!