Discussion Board

can Nokia mobileToolkit 3.1 run twice at the same PC simultaneously ?

I want to develop an interactive application and I decide to use Nokia Mobile Internet Toolkit 3.1 as my developing tool.But I found that I can not set up two phones at the same time. How can I do?
    By the way,Nokia wap toolkit2.0 has this ability.
    Another question is that I have succeeded in send the push message through the port 2948(connectionless mode),but I can not find the setting item of the port in Toolkit 3.1, Why?
    Thank your help!

Regular Contributor

RE: can Nokia mobileToolkit 3.1 run twice at the same PC simultaneously ?

Hi!

In Nokia Mobile Internet Toolkit 3.1 you can have only one simulator active at a time.

You do not need to define a port number when creating a WAP Push message with Toolkit and viewing it in the simulator. The Push functionality in Toolkit provides the following features:

? Push Content Editors that simplify the creation of Push messages.
    ? A WAP encoder to encode the Push message you create.
    ? A Push button within each editor, which sends the encoded Push message to a device simulator?s client protocol stack for display on the simulator.
    ? A comprehensive view of the content pushed to the simulator through its Push Log and Inbox views.
    ? A view of the device simulator cache, which is used to see the effects of Push message reception.
    ? The ability to save source and binary Push messages, which can be read by a Push Inititator application.

For further information about WAP Push in the Toolkit, see Nokia Mobile Internet Toolkit 3.1 Users Guide at page 99.

Kind regards,
    Satu/Forum Nokia Developer Support