Discussion Board

MMS is just a packaging program

Hello.

I read MMS-related documents and SDKs from Forum Nokia and my questions are still not answered. How do you access voice recording and the camera from MMS using J2ME? MMS Java Library just tells me how MMS message is generated by packaging together different contents together and send/receive. Is MMS just a formatting application that leaves voice recording, picture taking, and text writing functions out and just package different files together from handset directory? It sounds like HTML all over again with all the different contents encapsulated (just for handsets, like WML).

Thank you.

Nokia Developer Expert

RE: MMS is just a packaging program

Hello!

I don't quite follow you. MMS is a Multimedia Messaging Service and Java has nothing to do with it.

As you have noticed our MMS Java library encapsulates the MMS message in PC enviroment and sends it to be delivered by MMSC.

MMS is not a application, it's a standard how to include multiple media objects (video, images, sounds and text) to one message. Headers are from WAP heritage, whole MMS system works top of WAP.

Teemu / Forum Nokia