×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    5

    Question Help! How to find out the capabilities function

    hi, everyone, I had just finished a program for S60 3rd with a self-sign SIS to install, but the phone device always show me an alert of absence of capabilities and also it's really hard to find out the corresponding function which lead to the absence of capabilities manually. So, Is there any good idea or tools to help me to find out the capabilities function, because I need to kill it under the self-sign requirement.

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,167

    Re: Help! How to find out the capabilities function

    if you run it on the SDK you should see Platsec warnings for missing capabilities, also you could check SDK documentations, quite often they show the required capabilties for API's or functions.

    If those points wont help, then you need to do some debuggint o figure out which lines of code are giving you the errors.

    yucca

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    5

    Re: Help! How to find out the capabilities function

    Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    if you run it on the SDK you should see Platsec warnings for missing capabilities, also you could check SDK documentations, quite often they show the required capabilties for API's or functions.

    If those points wont help, then you need to do some debuggint o figure out which lines of code are giving you the errors.

    yucca
    Thx first. But I mean I always got an alert of "Required application access not granted" while SIS was been intstalling, and the result is install failure. So I just want a quick way to locate the capabilities corresponding target function used in my program.

  4. #4
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    739

    Re: Help! How to find out the capabilities function

    Hi,

    What are the capabilities that you have mentioned in your mmp file.? Check any of them need developer certificate

    Peter

  5. #5
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,167

    Re: Help! How to find out the capabilities function

    then I quess you are trying to use a capability in your executables that is not allowed to be used with self-signed applications. So wahich capabilities are you using ?

    yucca

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    5

    Smile Re: Help! How to find out the capabilities function

    Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    then I quess you are trying to use a capability in your executables that is not allowed to be used with self-signed applications. So wahich capabilities are you using ?

    yucca
    Thank you yucca, you got it! I added SurroundingsDD to nmp which is out of the capabilities of self-sign. By the way, is there any tools can list the function name and it's corresponding capabilities needed in a program?

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    523

    Re: Help! How to find out the capabilities function

    Quote Originally Posted by allfast View Post
    ...is there any tools can list the function name and it's corresponding capabilities needed in a program?
    You can have a look at the API reference for S60 3rd edition:

    http://www.forum.nokia.com/document/...ions_0x61.html

    this document includes also the required capabilities


    best regards
    Http_user_agent:
    NokiaN80-1/3.0 (4.0707.0.7)
    Series60/3.0
    Profile/MIDP-2.0
    Configuration/CLDC-1.1

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    5

    Thumbs up Re: Help! How to find out the capabilities function

    Quote Originally Posted by alb3530 View Post
    You can have a look at the API reference for S60 3rd edition:

    http://www.forum.nokia.com/document/...ions_0x61.html

    this document includes also the required capabilities


    best regards
    Thank you!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2007-04-11, 05:23
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2006-09-01, 15:56
  3. how to create an ayncronous function?
    By GeKI in forum Symbian
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2006-02-17, 11:29
  4. Linux driver in RedHat 7.3
    By nsolhjoo in forum Multimodecards
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2003-10-24, 17:04
  5. Can't start thread function
    By liuhoihing in forum Symbian
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2003-05-05, 06:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×