Discussion Board

Database APIs which can return a value telling that that the database is locked

Hi,
    I am working on Symbian database that can be shared using the database server. I was trying to find out the APIs which can return a Symbian error code that can tell that the database is locked. I could find that Begin and Execute can return KErrLocked. What other APIs can return same or similar error code so that I can set up the notifier and be notified when the locks are removed.

Any help will be great.

Regards,
    Sumit

Super Contributor

Re: Database APIs which can return a value telling that that the database is locked

Quote Originally Posted by sumitskj View Post
    Hi,
    I am working on Symbian database that can be shared using the database server. I was trying to find out the APIs which can return a Symbian error code that can tell that the database is locked. I could find that Begin and Execute can return KErrLocked. What other APIs can return same or similar error code so that I can set up the notifier and be notified when the locks are removed.

Any help will be great.

Regards,
    Sumit

Bassically all operations requesting access to database (eg. add contact, commit contact etc) can leave with a KErrLocked error

[LATER EDIT] Sorry...don't think my answer will help you....I just see that it's a general db question not a cnt database question
    Last edited by pirosl; 2007-09-05 at 11:09.