Discussion Board

Thread: 6555 radio???

Thumbs down 6555 radio???

Hey!

I have noticed a beautiful Nokia clamshell phone, the to be released 6555.

But as a "shock" it came to me, that apparently the 6555 does NOT has a FM radio

Since the 8310, almost all Nokia have at least a radio. Did Nokia forgot to put it in the 6555 or did they forgot to put the function in the product description

Grt,
    Wing

Super Contributor

Re: 6555 radio???

IMHO, its not must have a radio in each Nokia device. In case you have missed, there are different models like E90, N90, E50 etc that does not come with a Radio. So IMHO Nokia might not have missed to add the radio.

Also would like to suggest that, Nokia end user products support questions should be addressed at Nokia's online support sites http://www.nokia.com/support .
    Also there are some localized product support forums and one that is monitored and where you can get attention and solutions http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/discussions/. If you post your concerns there you may get a response from there.

Regards
    Gopal

Super Contributor

Just to add to Gopal's answer.

There are always more features, which one could have on the phone, than what is possible to cram in the physical hardware, available memory, targeted pricepoint, etc.

Also sometimes the operators have some specific requirements what they want or do not want the phone to have (I do not think this is a case in here though)

Radio is available on quite a few Nokia phones, yes. But not on all phones. Even though I cannot just now check the internal specification document myself right now, I am pretty sure our device spec guy has the correct information on the pages (so no radio) - he is quite detail oriented what comes to these specifications ...

Hartti

Dear Gopal and Hartti,

thank you for your reply.

I was just dissappointed when I saw that the 6555 did not have radio. I like to listen to the radio when doing chores. And finally there was a Nokia clamshell released I found nice looking.
    Perhaps an idea for the 6555i

Do you happen to know if the 6555 support streaming radio? And would a download speed of 64 kbps suffice to listen radio without interruptions?

Grt,
    Wing