Discussion Board

example bluetooth chat source code

hii...
    i'm a student.. i want to find simple example for bluetooth chat s60 source code for my research... i try to google it.. but it seems hard for me to find it.. i hope all user here can help me.. i'm a new user btw.. it also good if i can source code for transfer file.. i know symbian os s60 mobile phone can directly transfer file.. i just need the source code for learning purpose.. thank you..

edit:
    i also want to ask.. how to test the bluetooth connection using the emulator.. can i run 2 emulator to see how it run?? thank..
    Last edited by azman4243; 2007-09-05 at 20:26.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: example bluetooth chat source code

All S60 SDK-s contain some kind of BT examples. In case of 3rd ed. it is called Chat. Guess what it is.
    If you are developing for 2nd ed., you can still check a 3rd ed. SDK, and 2nd ed. SDK contains btpointtopoint example, which is also some kind of a chat.
    And the 2nd ed. comes with btobjectexchange too.
    On Forum Nokia, there are BT examples and docs if you click on Documentation, Symbian C++, then Networking. The wiki may also contain some docs.

oh.. i have download SDK s60 3rd edition. but i dont have 2nd edition one.
    if i already have the 3rd edition one. do i need the 2nd edition??
    i have found the example inside the SDK example folder. this really help me. thank you very much.
    btw how can i load all chat folder content to carbide 1.1.
    i try to copy the source code into new project.. but it seem i got error message. i'm really new using carbide. hope you can give me step be step instruction how to load the whole file. it really help me. thank.

Nokia Developer Moderator

The required SDK depends on the actual phone model you use. You can check it on www.forum.nokia.com/devices (assuming that you are using a Nokia model).
    Carbide has an Import command in the File menu. You just click on it, select Symbian project from bld.inf or mmp file, and locate it in the SDK (both bld.inf and .mmp files are residing in the group folder of the example). You can decide if you want to copy the example into your workspace or not by checking/not checking the related checkbox.
    Note that there is a 1.2 version of Carbide, which is slightly better than the older releases.

i got 3 warning went i load the example:
    1. CTags not installed or not in path
    2. Importer limitation - MMP keyword ignored:LANG
    3. Invalid project path: Include path not found (D:\Project\Chat\S60 3.0 Emulator Debug)

did i missing any plug in? and how can i run this with to emulator. i want to see how it work. thank

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by azman4243 View Post
    did i missing any plug in? and how can i run this with to emulator. i want to see how it work. thank
    No you have not missed any plugins. To test the application between two emulators you need to have the Nokia connectivity Framework which helps you perform service search and to establish a connections. you could download NCF under Tools and SDK Section. The Readme.txt should help you to configure it.You can find lots of related pages too in this forum. The wiki would also help you out.

Regards
    Priju

i want to know wather i can modify this application... so i can send file im chatting... or i can using voice using bluetooth connection.. any source i can find around here.. thank a lot..