Discussion Board

How to push information to mobile?

Hello everyone,
    Assuming there is a server and mobile terminal communicating by http, how realise this function, that is when never server got actived, it can send a message to client?
    Well, of course one solution is that client check server by times, but this isn't a good solution at all for wasting much resources;another is that client is always hibernating or shut, and server can active it by some technic, such as sms? For the second solution, is it possilbe invisible to user? Or if there is a solution number 3 and number 4 etc? ^_^,

Super Contributor

Re: How to push information to mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by baihaoping View Post
    Hello everyone,
    Assuming there is a server and mobile terminal communicating by http, how realise this function, that is when never server got actived, it can send a message to client?
    Well, of course one solution is that client check server by times, but this isn't a good solution at all for wasting much resources;another is that client is always hibernating or shut, and server can active it by some technic, such as sms? For the second solution, is it possilbe invisible to user? Or if there is a solution number 3 and number 4 etc? ^_^,
    yes 2nd solution is good and economical. yes it can be done with out user interaction.

Re: How to push information to mobile?

Can you tell me more detail about how to do this? I know how to by J2ME, but symbian c++, I have no idea.Thanks.
    By the way, has the second solution some pitfalls?Because I haven't see any application do this yet, but I think this must be a useful technic, why not used?