Discussion Board

[moved] Registering at SymbianSigned.com

Dear all,

does somebody know how long SymbianSigned.com has this registering mechanism via EMail already and how long it will take to change to a working solution?

I don't know anybody who has managed to get an answer from Symbian for such an Email wheter positive nor negative.

Do you Nokia guys know about this?
    I start asking myself, why do they spent such an effort into something like forum.nokia, signing with all the processes etc. If, at the end, they fail to provide people with an account?

br, Karsten

Super Contributor

Re: Registering at SymbianSigned.com

The registration used to be very easy and fast. Recently, they have a problem because many end users use DevCert to sign freeware applications. That's why; now they have an "approval" process that only allows real developers to download the certificate.

Because of this, there have been delay in registration and getting DevCert. You can try to post your question to http://developer.symbian.com/forum/forum.jspa?forumID=2. There are many Symbian guys watching this thread.

Anyway, you are not the first one who hit this problem.
    Last month, I had the same problem; waiting for a couple of days before my account was approved.
    Antony Pranata
    http://www.antonypranata.com/
    http://www.s60tips.com/

Please, I need help, I tried to register at Symbian signed with my email address, but it was rejected. What kind of email address do I need?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by chibeze View Post
    Please, I need help, I tried to register at Symbian signed with my email address, but it was rejected. What kind of email address do I need?
    you should try some email address that is not one of those provided for free, i.e. gmail, yahoo, hotmail etc. at least did not work earlier.