Discussion Board

Exclamation SVGTBINENCODE.EXE panics

Using S60 3rd FP1 SDK to compile application with "Just In Time" enabled brings up Windows debug dialog.

It looks like SVGTBINENCODE.EXE is a WINC binary and when it panics with "Just In Time" enabled it triggers the debugger. That's most annoying since I have to stay not too far from my machine when building for GCCE just to click 'No' in the Windows debugger dialog. It's fine for an application that takes 30 seconds to build but our solution takes 10 minutes and brings twice that debugger dialog.

Does anyone has a workaround for that besides disabling "Just In Time"?

Re: SVGTBINENCODE.EXE panics

Seriously that's annoying and time wasting. You guys at Nokia must have a fix for that memory leak causing SVGTBINENCODE.EXE to panic. Any chance you publish it? Is that published on Forum pro already?

Our project takes like 10 minutes to complete the GCCE build and we have to watch our development machine to click that stupid dialog twice during those 10 minutes. Of course it's fine on our build server since it does not have "Just in time" enabled but for developers it's most annoying. It used to be fine on MR SDK but we had to switch FP1 SDK as we are now making use of some of latest feature.

Are we the only ones to have this problem? Could it be that the SVG compiler does no like our specific SVG file?

Nokia Developer Moderator

I have no real solution, but you might consider not invoking svgtbinencode all the time (most developers do not re-draw their icons between builds, at least in my opinion). It is also possible to use svgtbinencode of the MR SDK, it should work.

Thanks for your input Wizard. I think you right, I should just overwrite the FP1 SVGTBINENCODE.EXE with the one from MR SDK. I'll probably loose the extra SVG compression they have added in FP1 but I don't care since that's only my development machine and it won't affect our official releases as they are built on another machine.

Just as reminder: look through your make-files and add /X key to mifconv params, it should resolve the issue. Here is auto-generated comment as well:

# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # NOTE: if you have JUSTINTIME enabled for your S60 3rd FP1 or newer SDK
    # and this command crashes, consider adding "/X" to the command line.
    # See <http://forum.nokia.com/document/Forum_Nokia_Technical_Library_v1_35/contents/FNTL/Build_process_fails_at_mif_file_creation_in_S60_3rd_Ed_FP1_SDK.htm>
    # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------