Discussion Board

No "Go to" function in 6120?

I've got a 6120, but it seems it's different than the other S60 3rd edition phones, as the others seem to have a "Go to" program (diamond icon) under Programmes -> My own.

The "Go to" allowed you to make a list of functions (Opera browser, calendar, alarm, bluetooth, etc) that you could choose.

On my previous phones, I've used this "Go to" as the right shortcut key, which allowed me to access the programmes I use often (though not as often as those I've got in the other shortcut keys).

Anyone know if this is downloadable - or is there any other symbian programmes I can download to do this?

Re: No "Go to" function in 6120?

The "Go to" of S60 3rd edition phones isn't that customizable as it was before.That means you can't add applications (like clock, calendar, bluetooth, etc) to it.At the moment, it's only good for the networks to put shortcuts for their services there, as the users can't add anything at all.

For me it makes no difference, as using the menu is better than "go to".

best regards
    Http_user_agent:
    NokiaN80-1/3.0 (4.0707.0.7)
    Series60/3.0
    Profile/MIDP-2.0
    Configuration/CLDC-1.1

Quote Originally Posted by alb3530 View Post
    The "Go to" of S60 3rd edition phones isn't that customizable as it was before.That means you can't add applications (like clock, calendar, bluetooth, etc) to it.At the moment, it's only good for the networks to put shortcuts for their services there, as the users can't add anything at all.

For me it makes no difference, as using the menu is better than "go to".

best regards

OK, thanks.

For me, I thought the "Go to" was ideal.
    I don't use bluetooth/radio/mp3 that often - but when I use it, I prefer to be able to access it by three clicks on the phone, rather than go menu and then 6-8 clicks to access it.

It might be more psychological than anything else, I'll admit that...

The HandyTask programmes etc can't function like that, can it?

Nokia Developer Champion

You can set active standby shortcuts (or if you disable it, you can set shortcuts for the directional controller/joystick/rocker key) as well as standby screen softkeys.

In addition, you can rearrange the whole application menu so that your favourite applications are first on the list (and less used things in subfolders) and you can use a grid or list view as you prefer.

Switching to already running apps happens best through a long press of the menu key.

In general, the S60 "Go To", "Favourites", "Pinboard" application is gone from newer S60 phones.

And only Nseries devices has the separate "multimedia" key with its application "carousel".