Discussion Board

recordDetected with Mifare Ultralight

What I want to do is:
    When MIDlet is running and tag is read, get the UID of the tag => This part is OK, no problem there
    When MIDlet is not running and tag is read, launch the MIDlet and get the UID of that tag.
    I succeed to auto-launch the MIDlet with Push entry in jad file (MIDlet-Push-1: nfc:undefined_format,Panther,*), but not getting UID of that tag (the one that launches the MIDlet). I have implemented “RecordListerner” with:
    dm = DiscoveryManager.getInstance();
    startType = dm.getProperty("LaunchType");

try {
    dm.addTargetListener(this, TargetType.RFID_TAG);
    //dm.addNDEFRecordListener(this, new NDEFRecordType(NDEFRecordType.NFC_FORUM_RTD, "urn:nfc:wkt:RFID_TAG"));
    //dm.addNDEFRecordListener(this, new NDEFRecordType(NDEFRecordType.URI,"nfc:rf;type=simpletag;uid=*"));
    dm.addNDEFRecordListener(this, new NDEFRecordType(NDEFRecordType.URI,"nfc:ndef;type=simpletag;uid=*"));

and then public void recordDetected(NDEFMessage ndefMessage) but non of them never seems to go to recordDetected.
    I’m using only Mifare Ultralight (MF0U1) tags

Re: recordDetected with Mifare Ultralight

Hello,

I noticed that this was posted quite long time ago, but did you find any solution to do this petteriko1 (other than writing the uid to payload)?

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: recordDetected with Mifare Ultralight

Quote Originally Posted by petteriko1 View Post
    What I want to do is:
    When MIDlet is running and tag is read, get the UID of the tag => This part is OK, no problem there
    When MIDlet is not running and tag is read, launch the MIDlet and get the UID of that tag.
    I succeed to auto-launch the MIDlet with Push entry in jad file (MIDlet-Push-1: nfc:undefined_format,Panther,*), but not getting UID of that tag (the one that launches the MIDlet). I have implemented “RecordListerner” with:
    dm = DiscoveryManager.getInstance();
    startType = dm.getProperty("LaunchType");

try {
    dm.addTargetListener(this, TargetType.RFID_TAG);
    //dm.addNDEFRecordListener(this, new NDEFRecordType(NDEFRecordType.NFC_FORUM_RTD, "urn:nfc:wkt:RFID_TAG"));
    //dm.addNDEFRecordListener(this, new NDEFRecordType(NDEFRecordType.URI,"nfc:rf;type=simpletag;uid=*"));
    dm.addNDEFRecordListener(this, new NDEFRecordType(NDEFRecordType.URI,"nfc:ndef;type=simpletag;uid=*"));

and then public void recordDetected(NDEFMessage ndefMessage) but non of them never seems to go to recordDetected.
    I’m using only Mifare Ultralight (MF0U1) tags
    Take a look at This Article. It should help. Let us know yet if you can not solve your problem.