Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

problems in installing python

Hi,

I am new to Python and that I have yet to install anything with regards to Python into my PC.

I am using a Nokia phone that runs on the 2nd Ed, 3rd FP. I have downloaded the PythonForSeries60_for_2ndEd_fp3_SIS.zip and nS60_jme_sdk_2nd_e_fp3.zip. Is that all i need?

What should I install first? Can anyone tell me the steps? I searched online buh couldn't find any steps. especially with regards to which file I should download and install. Help!!

cheers
    nic

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: problems in installing python

Hello nick,

Nice to see your interest in Python.Newbis are always welcome in this field..
    You are using device wid e 2nd Ed, 3rd FP as you have mentioned..So u got to install
    Python for S60 2nd Ed FP3 that you have already got.Then You got to install Pythonshell for S60 2nd Ed FP3 on your device...This is all what you need to install on ur phone..
    Now you can write applications in notepad or wordpad and run them on your device..You can also download an emulator to test your applications at forum.nokia.com..

Hope that helps,

-Pankaj Nathani

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply! I have installed the emulator, But I could not find the python option in my emulator. Why is this so?

Just to make things clear, I have this PythonScriptShell_1_4_0_2ndEdFP3.sis, PythonForS60_1_4_0_2ndEdFP3.SIS and pys60-1.4.0_src. What should I do with these files? there is no installation .exe file in it!! What are these files for?

Regular Contributor

Hi! thanks for your reply

I have installed the s60_2nd_sdk_fp3. It does not matter where I install it right? After installing, in my programs shortcut, there is a Series 60 Developer Tools\2nd Edition SDK Feature Pack 3\C++\emulator(debug). Is that the only mode to run the emulator? Anyway, after installing, I open the emulator and open the file
    PythonForS60_1_4_0_2ndEdFP3.SIS and
    PythonScriptShell_1_4_0_2ndEdFP3.sis

I was told that there was no verified supplier and that the application is incompatable. After I force it to install, when I run the select the Python function in my emulator, an error occurs. Why? What should I do in order to get the emulator up with Python? I also tried v1.2 but it did not work too..