Discussion Board

Nokia Maps and installed maps

I've been using Nokia maps v1.2 with E60 and they work fine. One thing which bothers me is following.

Whenever I install maps software seems to be unaware of installed maps. This means, for example, if I have 6 countries and now I wish to remove 3 I can only delete ALL maps and then install 3 that I need. I see this as flaw in software as software should be able to recognize what maps are installed on storage target and users should be able to remove individual maps without being forced to remove all of them.

Re: Nokia Maps and installed maps

Quote Originally Posted by hcrvelin View Post
    I've been using Nokia maps v1.2 with E60 and they work fine. One thing which bothers me is following.

Whenever I install maps software seems to be unaware of installed maps. This means, for example, if I have 6 countries and now I wish to remove 3 I can only delete ALL maps and then install 3 that I need. I see this as flaw in software as software should be able to recognize what maps are installed on storage target and users should be able to remove individual maps without being forced to remove all of them.
    I have the same problem with maps v2.0 with n95 8Gb. Also they don't seem to work off line. What bothers me most is that everytime the route is calculated i get a turn round voice instruction, while on the map you can see you can go straight for miles. The calculating of a route takes so much time that in the city you will miss important directions. I pre-installed all maps so i don't see why the route has to be recalculated all the time, and since the maps don't work in offline mode i have to accept this calculating every 5 minutes?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Nokia Maps and installed maps

Please note that this is not a forum for end-users and end-user specific problems. For this kind of discussions you can use http://discussions.europe.nokia.com

If you feel like experimenting a bit there is a BETA version of Nokia Maps 3.0 available at http://maps.ovi.com
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite