Discussion Board

Hybrid View

3510 can only download 1k midi file over WAP?

I saw in forum many people complaining about can't load midi file over WAP, it gives errors, same to me, even I can't download sample midi from club.nokia.com! but finally I find out that 3510 can only download maximum 1K size midi file! Try to download various size (1K-4K) midi data from my site http://wap.kedai.web.id. I can only download 1K midi data succesfully! I don't know where the problem came from? GSM operator or 3510 it self? or should use MMS to deliver midi data? I'm download via CSD not GPRS whe accesing WAP
    since I don't get access to other type, how about 7210 or 3510i ? have same 1K restriction? does anyone have same problem? please test to download my midi file using various handset type or data bearer (GPRS), pls give some information or suggestion to overcome these problem

Regular Contributor

RE: 3510 can only download 1k midi file over WAP?

Hi!

I tested your site http://wap.kedai.web.id and was able to download ringing tones sizes of 1 KB to 4 KB. Downloading was successful using both CSD and GPRS connection. So, the phone is not restricting the size to 1 KB. I recommend you to contact your operator and check if their WAP gateway is restricting how big files can be downloaded. One thing you could also check is whether you are using Permanent or Temporary session mode. Permanent is preferred when downloading big file sizes, even though it should not be so relevant when talking about file sizes as small as this (1 KB - 4 KB).

Kind regards,
    Satu/Forum Nokia Developer Support

RE: 3510 can only download 1k midi file over WAP?

This is not an answer SORRY! but I was wanting to know how to get a GPRS connection because i cannot get one at the moment. Who do you have to register with? im from the uk and i am on o2 network and use a 3510. How do i get a connection, help please!