Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help for SDK

Unhappy help for SDK

Hi
    i'm new in python. i downloaded a file with name "PythonForS60_1_4_0_SDK_3rdEd.zip" and unzip it. it consists of a folder with name "epoc32" and it consists of 4 folder in it with names:include, tools, release and winscw. I find 2 exe file with name python.exe and python_launcher.exe in one of its folder in this path:"PythonForS60_SDK_3rdEd\sdk_files\epoc32\release\winscw\udeb" but when i click on these files it says an error that "APPARC.dll was not found". I have python and python shell in my n73 nokia phone but i don,t know how to use sdk. please help.

Regular Contributor

Re: help for SDK

Quote Originally Posted by dentmoc View Post
    I downloaded a file with name "PythonForS60_1_4_0_SDK_3rdEd.zip" and unzip it. it consists of a folder with name "epoc32" and it consists of 4 folder in it with names: include, tools, release and winscw.
    You probably want to install first "S60 Platform SDKs for Symbian OS, for C++".
    "3rd Edition, Maintenance Release" has worked fine for me:
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...16-3.0-mr.html

1. Then unzip "PythonForS60_1_4_0_SDK_3rdEd.zip" to the right directory
    2. Start S60 emulator (Programs->S60 developer tools -> something -> -> something -> Emulator :-)
    3. Find Python from emulator's main menu

help for Downloading and installing SDK

thank you for helping
    I try to download that files from that URL. but it says an error:

"Download Failure
    Request information:
    Request ID: 501845
    URI: http://sw.nokia.com/id/178ab2d1-b59d...pp-f.1090b.zip
    Error Message: Error while searchig for ISO country code for downloader IP 'unknown': country code not found.
    Your download could not be completed. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please send feedback."

would you please tell me an URL from another site to download this file. I preffer sites with "resume" function. I had trouble in downloading with nokia for other files too. I tryed regular download, nokia download manager, DAP & Net Transport; but all of them failed to download from nokia.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: help for Downloading and installing SDK

Hello dentmoc and welcome to the forum

I think you are a newbie to Python.Well i think you should have a look at the following link
    http://croozeus.googlepages.com/py60
    It contains all the information you require at this stage.And for your this specific problem look in the installation section of that page..It will definately help...

-Pankaj Nathani

Unhappy Re: help for SDK

hi croozeus
    thank you for URL of your web. I understand that I must download s60 sdk c++ before unzipping python sdk. but unfortunately I can't download it from Nokia. do you know another URL from another server (not nokia) for downloading s60 SDK for C++?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Dear dentmoc

You can download the S60 SDK C++ Emulator from http://software.techrepublic.com.com...px?docid=78818

Hope it helps,
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

Super Contributor

To dentmoc

but unfortunately I can't download it from Nokia.
    If you are behind a proxy server with NAT deasabled, make a direct connection from your internet browser. I've had the same problem some times ago and this fixed my downloading problem from Nokia's server.

LFD
    Devices:
    Nokia E61 3rd Edition - pys60 1.4.0

Tips and modules:
    http://www.lfdm.net/thesis

unfortunatly I couldn't download from that URL. it downloads a Text file not program. I'm not behind a proxy too. I think this problem is due to my country. it says :" Error while searchig for ISO country code for downloader IP 'unknown': country code not found.". i'm from persia.

Super Contributor

So did you get the SDK(s) you need or shall I share a copy temporarily for you that I will remove as soon as you get the files?

If it is the case please tell me which edition(s) you need and report your issue here http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...play.php?f=116

LFD
    Devices:

Tips and modules:

py2sis error!!!!help us!!!!

We have istalled latest vertion of c++ SDK 3rd fp1 and python SDK 1.4 3rd edition and we want to use py2sis tool but we have the follow error

V:\Epoc32\tools\py2sis>python py2sis.py snake.py --uid=0x01234567 --sdk30 --
    caps="NetworkServices LocalServices ReadUserData WriteUserData Location" --l
    eavetemp
    Creating SIS for SDK3.0 and later
    Processing template V:\Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build\Icons_aif.mk.template
    Processing template V:\Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build\PyTest.cpp.template
    Processing template V:\Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build\PyTest.rss.template
    Processing template V:\Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build\PyTest_reg.rss.template
    Processing template V:\Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build\app.mmp.template
    Compiling...
    Done.
    ERROR [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '\\Epoc32\\release\\GCCE\\UREL\\snake
    _0x01234567.exe'

We think the problem is due to a not correctly compiled dso:
    Python_appui.dso

In fact if we launch this command ...

V:\Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build>abld build GCCE UREL
    make -r -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build\EXPORT.make" EXPORT VERBO
    SE=-s
    Nothing to do
    make -r -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build\GCCE.make" MAKEFILE VERBO
    SE=-s
    make -s -C \Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build -f "ICONS_AIF.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\.. EPO
    CBLD=..\..\..\..\EPOC32\BUILD\Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build\ICONS_AIF\GCCE TO_BLDINF
    =..\..\..\..\Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build PLATFORM=GCCE MAKMAKE
    perl -S makmake.pl -D \Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build\APP GCCE
    initialiseConfig: GCCE
    perl -S ecopyfile.pl "\EPOC32\BUILD\Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build\APP\GCCE\P
    yTest.rsg" "\EPOC32\INCLUDE\PyTest.RSG"
    make -r -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build\GCCE.make" LIBRARY VERBOS
    E=-s
    CBLD=..\..\..\..\EPOC32\BUILD\Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build\ICONS_AIF\GCCE TO_BLDINF
    =..\..\..\..\Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build PLATFORM=GCCE LIB
    make -s -r -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build\APP\GCCE\APP.GCCE" LIBRA
    RY
    make -r -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build\GCCE.make" RESOURCE CFG=U
    REL VERBOSE=-s
    =..\..\..\..\Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build PLATFORM=GCCE CFG=UREL RESOURCE
    MifConv version 1.11 build (39).
    Checking: python_star.svg
    Choosing...
    Convert files...
    Loading mif icons...
    Loading file: \epoc32\winscw\c\system\temp\s238.tmp\python_star.svgb
    Writing mif: \epoc32\data\z\RESOURCE\APPS\snake_0x01234567_AIF.mif
    make -s -r -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build\APP\GCCE\APP.GCCE" RESOU
    RCEUREL
    make -r -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build\GCCE.make" TARGET CFG=URE
    L VERBOSE=-s
    =..\..\..\..\Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build PLATFORM=GCCE CFG=UREL BLD
    make -s -r -f "\EPOC32\BUILD\Epoc32\tools\py2sis\build\APP\GCCE\APP.GCCE" UREL
    arm-none-symbianelf-ld: \EPOC32\RELEASE\ARMV5\LIB\Python_appui.dso: No such file
    : No such file or directory
    make[1]: *** [\EPOC32\RELEASE\GCCE\UREL\snake_0x01234567.exe] Error 1
    make: *** [TARGETAPP] Error 2

Please Help us!! ....

Regular Contributor

Re: py2sis error!!!!help us!!!!

It's a bug in PyS60 v1.4:
    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...55&atid=790646

You can get the missing armv5 folder from any previous version - I got it from v1.22. Also somewhere around I saw a post by LFD (I think) with a link to a (not official) fixed release.
    whatever happens happens

janekw_:Thanks too much!!

Thanks!!! You have saved our life!!!!

Super Contributor

I think the link was to the first and only release candidate before PyS60 got signed http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=520242

LFD
    Devices:

Tips and modules:

Security for a .sis application

Which is a good method to be sure that my application cannot be replied on other smart phone? I have signed my applicatioin with a self-signed certificate using my Imei number and I want to know if there is somethink more to do!!! Example: testing telephon number of smart phone, model of smart phone,size of the memory of the smart phone,etc.....

Thanks a lot.......

Hi I am having problems installing the S60 3rd MR SDK I think I have installed all of the other required software but the install crashes just after it starts all it copies to the instal directory is teh release notes? Is this a common problem or just me?

Any help would be great!