Discussion Board

Thread: NFC Newbie

NFC Newbie

Hi there,
    I'm interested in NFC technology and I would like to get some advice on what type of applications could be done with the limitation of NFC still not being massive in my country. I was thinking on some industrial application, like control or something, but I still don't have any clear ideas. It's for a thesis, so basically, I must solve a "problem"

THANKS A LOT!

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Re: NFC Newbie

Since Near Field Communications do not require touching it is idea for any industrial item where contact can affect the product or assembly line.

For mobile devices think more of what it can do for a person, i.e. vending machines or passkeys and such.

Ron

Super Contributor

hi,

Quote Originally Posted by juancarlosr View Post
    Hi there,
    I'm interested in NFC technology and I would like to get some advice on what type of applications could be done with the limitation of NFC still not being massive in my country. I was thinking on some industrial application, like control or something, but I still don't have any clear ideas. It's for a thesis, so basically, I must solve a "problem"
    Near field communciation and controlling is can be done with the NFC but depends upon on wht kind of controllering ur application wants...

it will be better if u give some hints of wht exactly u wanna try with NFC....

Regards,
    Mateen Maldar
    "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve"

Hi Mateen, thanks for your reply. Right now, i'm just about to order the NFC phone and the NFC kit from toptunniste. I'm thinking about an idea of application of NFC for my thesis, but since NFC is not quite a reality yet, I want to avoid massive applications such as payments access, since they all would require many people having the phone. So what I think is that it could be implemented in an industrial environment, or one that would involve some sort of control, where not too many people would need the phone.
    But honestly, I have no clue!!!

Thanks a lot!

Thank you Ron. That's what I have more or less in mind. I don't want a massive solution like vending machines, since NFC phones are not yet available massively in my country.