Discussion Board

push registry and sms problem with nokia phones only

i developed application that recieve and send sms i test the application on
    Motorolla v3i it work just fine when i test it on nokia N70 and N73 the mobile say u have a new msg open the application (mine) when i choose yes the application opened but nothing doesnt recieve and some times hungs up on N73 said uncaught exception i read my code over and over there is no uncought exception but the same project work fine on v3i so i guessed the problem is either push registry connection string is different with s60 phones or i have logic error
    my logic is i make a thread check if there is a push registry connection it will connect using the connection string if not the thread will open my port to listen for an sms sent while my application opened
    when my application is opened it work fine and recieve sms but when is closed and i choose yes to open my application when a new sms trigger my port the application give uncought exception the funny thing when u press no not to open the sms and go to open the application manuallly u may recieve the sms or application hung up until u restart the phone
    something is missing i cant even track the error coz there is no log and the application crash before it start to run startapp ()
    any one have an idea about push registry and wma or working example rather than the sun example to test it and read the dif between symbian and non symbian phone with push registry

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: push registry and sms problem with nokia phones only

Hello dr_kmk4,

some of these problems have been identified with S60 phones, please check the following at Forum Nokia Wiki (workaround included):

http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...al_SMSs_in_S60

Regards,
    r2j7

Re: push registry and sms problem with nokia phones only

I developed SMSInterceptor (using Push registry)

It's working fine on S40 2nd,3rd edition also on S60 2nd,3rd Edtion handsets.

Check for properties of project for Push registery midlet.

Angry Re: push registry and sms problem with nokia phones only

Quote Originally Posted by dr_kmk4 View Post
    i developed application that recieve and send sms i test the application on
    Motorolla v3i it work just fine when i test it on nokia N70 and N73 the mobile say u have a new msg open the application (mine) when i choose yes the application opened but nothing doesnt recieve and some times hungs up on N73 said uncaught exception i read my code over and over there is no uncought exception but the same project work fine on v3i so i guessed the problem is either push registry connection string is different with s60 phones or i have logic error
    my logic is i make a thread check if there is a push registry connection it will connect using the connection string if not the thread will open my port to listen for an sms sent while my application opened
    when my application is opened it work fine and recieve sms but when is closed and i choose yes to open my application when a new sms trigger my port the application give uncought exception the funny thing when u press no not to open the sms and go to open the application manuallly u may recieve the sms or application hung up until u restart the phone
    something is missing i cant even track the error coz there is no log and the application crash before it start to run startapp ()
    any one have an idea about push registry and wma or working example rather than the sun example to test it and read the dif between symbian and non symbian phone with push registry

I'm having the same problem but with MMS instead of SMS. When receiving and MMS, Nokia N73 will launch the applicacion i have registered but when executing Message incomingMessage = this.messageConnection.receive(); i end up getting incomingMessage = null which makes no sense at all.

When i do the same test in a Nokia 6131 I get perfect results.