Discussion Board

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Forum Nokia Launchpad

Dear Series 40 and S60 Developer,

Because you are a serious mobile developer, I'm writing to invite you to join Forum Nokia's newest membership program for developers. Forum Nokia Launchpad gives developers access to Nokia's developer platform technologies to accelerate mobile application development. Because you have recently downloaded Series 40 or S60 SDKs from the Forum Nokia site, I'm confident you will find the benefits of membership in Forum Nokia Launchpad compelling.

Forum Nokia Launchpad is open to all mobile developer companies. Members need only provide a valid Publisher ID, sign a nondisclosure agreement (NDA), and pay an annual membership fee of 800 euros (or its local equivalence) per company. In return, they will receive the same access to technical resources, tools and SDKs, platform roadmaps and documentation as do members of the by-invitation-only Forum Nokia PRO program. In addition, Launchpad members also receive a free copy of Nokia's Carbide development tool, discounts on application signing, ASD (Accredited Symbian Developer) certificates, Symbian books and access to Nokia's Discounted Device program, which lets members purchase Nokia devices for development and testing purposes at subsidized prices.

And there's more. Membership in Forum Nokia Launchpad also provides developers a unique opportunity to be screened by Forum Nokia's Business Development team. This team constantly seeks new, innovative developers and applications from among Launchpad's members. Forum Nokia Launchpad members can also take advantage of live events, at which they can share information, network with others in the mobile community, and demonstrate their applications and content.

To learn more about Forum Nokia Launchpad and apply for membership, visit www.forum.nokia.com/launchpad.

If you have any questions regarding the Forum Nokia Launchpad program or the application process, please e-mail us at: ForumNokiaLaunchpad@nokia.com.

We hope you will apply for membership in the Forum Nokia Launchpad program soon.

Best Regards, Benjamin Wang, Head of Developer Programs
    Laura Lehmusto, Forum Nokia Launchpad Marketing Manager Forum Nokia Developer Programs

Copyright © Nokia Corporation 2007. All rights reserved.

Re: Forum Nokia Launchpad

Hi Ron,
    do you know if the Forum Nokia Launchpad companies will take part to the first launch of the new Ovi Store?
    Unfortunately, in the launchpad section I didn't found any reference about the Ovi Store.
    Our company has joined the Forum Nokia Launchpad in order to elevate our business visibility in the market and we really believe the ovi launch will be a great opportunity for us.

Regards,
    Marco Bellino.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

You should have a launchpad contact that can assist you, if you don't have a contact send me an e-mail and I'll send you their eMail address

Ron

Regular Contributor

Hello guys,

To anyone who has already purchased membership of the FNL: Can you please drop here a line about the benefits coming from this relationship? As I read in FAQ, besides some discounts on devices and books, there are many PR words, like accelerate, "select member-only events", "latest market intelligence", "discounts"... are there any real benefits with real impact on the development speed? I mean i.e. it has a better forum? or access to a documents describing nonpublic api's? Better examples which can not be found somewhere else?

Thank you.

What kind of discount does launchpad company have ?
    I know nokia 5800 cost 150€ there, but do you have other examples ?
    Thanks

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by pomoua View Post
    What kind of discount does launchpad company have ?
    I know nokia 5800 cost 150€ there, but do you have other examples ?
    Thanks
    As it is written in FAQ:

* Early and exclusive access to technical information (including: APIs, SDKs, developer platform roadmaps).
    * Access to our Discounted Devices Program to purchase Nokia devices for development and testing purposes.
    * Discounts for tech support case ticket.
    * Access to the latest market intelligence and industry reports.
    * Access and promotion in the Forum Nokia application catalog.
    * Participate at select member-only events for networking opportunities and learn about upcoming business and technology initiatives.
    * Discounts for application signing (Symbian Signed).
    * Discounts on S60 and Symbian certification exams.
    * Discounts on S60 book offers.

But I'm expecting a comment from a subscribed member or there are no such developers in this forum?

There is also a presentation online.
    Last edited by elviin; 2009-04-24 at 09:37.