Discussion Board

Question 6630 offline and doesnt recognize SIM....please help!!!!

HI everyone..........i am new here, so i am sorry if i happen to post a question that someone else aready did......

I have a Nokia 6630 that I bought in Rome, I bought at a TIM store, and I can use with any operator i want (because I also have a Wind Sim Card, and i know is unlocked, also used T-Mobile Sim card and worked just fine).

I am travelling here in Brazil, so I bought a TIM Sim Card in Brazil, and my phone was working just fine................until one day............

My phone out of the blue went into offline mode, and doesnt recognize ANY Sim Card..........I have tried hard reset, soft reset, switching Sims, but nothing!!!!

I am desperate, because i need my phone to work.......i just dont know what to do........is it software problem? Sim problem? or some kind of a lock code that i need?

please help me!!!!!!

Thanks guys!!!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: 6630 offline and doesnt recognize SIM....please help!!!!

You could check if there is any connection problem by cleaning the SIM & the SIM connectors from the phone. Then check if the SIM is moving in the SIM holder, and if it is then try checking if it works if you move it to different positions inside the SIM holder.

If these points do not work, then it could have some physical connection problems, and you'll need to contact Nokia service center for fixing help.

yucca

Super Contributor

If the device has the offline profile on, it's doesn't try to connect anywhere. Change the profile to be something else.

-tum-

Nokia Developer Moderator

@docancop
    If That doesnt work too then you can format the Phone if it doesnt have any important data and contacts...
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com