×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8

    Post randomly sending sms

    hi all,
    How Can I send sms automatically in every minute?can any one help me?its very helpfull for me.

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,144

    Re: randomly sending sms

    Welcome to the discussion board. This DiBo is intented to be used for constructive application development, so first I would like to ask you:

    Why would you need such a functionality ?

    yucca

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: randomly sending sms

    Quote Originally Posted by sou83bang View Post
    hi all,
    How Can I send sms automatically in every minute?can any one help me?its very helpfull for me.
    Hi sou83bang,

    Welcome in Forum Nokia !

    In SDK There are very well api given for sending SMS. In your application you implement a Timer after 1 min you can launch a seperate sms sending exe from your application otherwise you can implement sms sending code in your application.

    For reference you can go through wiki example with the help of you can achive your task easily...

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8

    Re: randomly sending sms

    Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    Welcome to the discussion board. This DiBo is intented to be used for constructive application development, so first I would like to ask you:

    Why would you need such a functionality ?

    yucca
    Thanks for your warm welcome.Actually I am working on a project where my part is how to send sms in every minutes from a GPS(global positioning System)?
    I am very new in J2ME and i know how to send sms from Mobile.But about sending sms from GPS is unknown to me.Thats why I need help.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: randomly sending sms

    Quote Originally Posted by sou83bang View Post
    Thanks for your warm welcome.Actually I am working on a project where my part is how to send sms in every minutes from a GPS(global positioning System)?
    I am very new in J2ME and i know how to send sms from Mobile.But about sending sms from GPS is unknown to me.Thats why I need help.
    Hi,

    Go through below thread....hope it will help you!!

    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=74214

  6. #6
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,144

    Re: randomly sending sms

    I actually do not know too much at all about doing it in Java, but with Symbian C++, you could use location API's to get GPS positions, and there are examples in Wiki for the SMS part as well as for the Timer implementation.

    yucca

Similar Threads

  1. SMS sending problem
    By jini_1 in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-10-13, 06:54
  2. Problem in sending SMS using VB
    By sylvia in forum General Messaging
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2006-09-27, 07:38
  3. Problem in sending SMS
    By sylvia in forum Symbian Networking & Messaging (Closed)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2006-09-27, 07:06
  4. while sending sms how to avoid popup from phone
    By balajichandrasekaran in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2004-03-30, 09:01
  5. HELP! problem w/ sending and reading sms..
    By mauve928 in forum General Messaging
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2003-12-14, 19:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •