Discussion Board

Camera image orientation

Hi!

I'm new to Python in general and PyS60 in particular.
    Now I have been playing around a little with some camera/viewfinder code that I found on the Nokia website.
    However, when viewing the viewfinder and saving images using that Python code on my N95, they are rotated 90 degrees compared to what I'd like to (and compared to using the standard video recording application for the N95).
    Two questions:
    1) Why?
    2) How can I save images/sequences that have the same orientation as the original N95 video recording application?

I saw that there was some transpose functionality that I guess might be possible to use, but that would result in a 480x640 image, instead of the desired 640x480.

I also have a third question:
    3) I'd like to record uncompressed/lossless video at 30 Hz (640x480 or 320x240) on my N95. Is there any application already available to do that? If not possible, it would be relatively OK to grab X frames at 30 Hz, save them to disc, grab X frames at 30 Hz, save them to disc, etc. Possible?

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Re: Camera image orientation

Quote Originally Posted by phishboh View Post
    However, when viewing the viewfinder and saving images using that Python code on my N95, they are rotated 90 degrees compared to what I'd like to (and compared to using the standard video recording application for the N95).
    Two questions:
    1) Why?
    2) How can I save images/sequences that have the same orientation as the original N95 video recording application?
    There is a sensor in N95 which detects which side of the device is up - this is used for orientation of the pictures in the native camera application. There is no sensor extension yet in the standard PyS60 distribution, but this extension should be able to find the N95 sensor: http://www.daimi.au.dk/~jespern/ (though I have not tested it).

Quote Originally Posted by phishboh View Post
    I also have a third question:
    3) I'd like to record uncompressed/lossless video at 30 Hz (640x480 or 320x240) on my N95. Is there any application already available to do that? If not possible, it would be relatively OK to grab X frames at 30 Hz, save them to disc, grab X frames at 30 Hz, save them to disc, etc. Possible?
    Video recording is not yet possible - meanwhile you might try launching the native video application from PyS60.