Discussion Board

NOKIA Mobile Promo ?

Has anybody else been rec emails informing them of fantastic winning in the NOKIA Mobile Promo 142nd anniversary - by all accounts I have won 91K GBP if I do a,b & c ?

Super Contributor

Re: NOKIA Mobile Promo ?

Spam and a scam, most likely.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

This is a scam, Identity theft.

I've asked Nokia Legal to do something.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Nick2860 View Post
    Has anybody else been rec emails informing them of fantastic winning in the NOKIA Mobile Promo 142nd anniversary - by all accounts I have won 91K GBP if I do a,b & c ?

hi nick2860...i did received the same message "Nokia Mobile Promo" few days back... and this guy was offering me an amount of 147K Pounds + N92...WOW! It's an offer i can't resist! Then after repying the text, this guy called me and asked to fill in this and that...and he also wants me to fill in a payment release form in order for me to claim the money..but they want me to pay for the delivery cost!

i was thinking if it's really scam or what...Is it true that Nokia is having its 142nd anniversary? does anyone knew about this?

Brunei Darussalam

Super Contributor

It is a scam. Nokia is an old company (and hasn't always been doing just mobile phones), but it has no "142nd anniversary" or other email sales campaigns.

The company history you can read here: http://www.nokia.com/A4303001

Regular Contributor

Definitely is a scam. Ignore those emails and DONT EVER GIVE ANY DETAILS TO THEM. If your details is given, I am not sure what they are going to do with your details, may be to hack your account or to estimate how much money you can provide to them. At the end, you will lose your money.

Super Contributor

If someone is giving you a valuable stuff and money and they have to ask you to pay delivery, it is always something wildcat business...

-tum-

Re: NOKIA Mobile Promo

thanx guys...

but too bad..i've already gave them my detail....just my background actually..
    not my account number...that was close!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron View Post
    This is a scam, Identity theft.

I've asked Nokia Legal to do something.

Ron
    Hi,

Has anything been done about this? I've just received a similar message and would like to guard other addressees against replying to it... as I understand it the senders make their money by asking the lottery "winners" to send them money to cover insurance and shipment costs... Is there an email address at Nokia we could forward this type of email to? And add the senders to the reply while we're at it, so their address can be visible and they can KNOW we're not stupid enough to fall for their phishing attempt...

Thanks for letting us know,

Catherine

Here's the message I got today (it's in French but you'll find the contact info at the end):

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anttention Bénéficiaire:

Nous sommes heureux de vous annoncer la mise à jour du tirage promotionnel de subvention
    NOKIA concours international de programme en ligne qui a eu lieu récemment. Votre adresse e -
    Mail à l'adresse ci-joint le numéro du billet: 56475600545188 avec Serial
    Number5368/02 a attiré l'numéros fétiches: 0410 21 22 25 38 31 (Bonus balle).
    Cela s'est fait par l'intermédiaire de notre www (world wide web) ordinateur proxy,
    E-mail sélectionné au hasard de toutes les parties du monde, parrainé par le
    NOKIA promo bord.

Vous avez donc été approuvé pour réclamer une somme totale de £ 500000,00:
    (Great British Pounds Sterling), est le lauréat parmi les 12 autres
    Gagnants gagnants dans cette catégorie.
    Pour déposer votre réclamation, S’il vous plaît communiquer avec notre agent fiduciaire par e-mail
    Avec les revendications.

Contactez le Fudiciary agent:
    Dr.Anthony Floyd
    E-mail: nokiaukdept@live.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

There is not a lot Nokia can do and sending more mail to Nokia won't change anything. There is always someone that is greedy and gullible and there is always someone that will take advantage of the greedy and gullible.

At least these are obvious, but not as obvious as the spam mail I got this morning saying I have an extra $1,549 tax rebade coming... with a return addresss in Taiwan

Ron

True, thanks for taking the time to answer anyway! At least I know I won't be fooled...

Cheers,

Catherine

I've received such sms to, is that for real? A sms from Nokia in Spain that said i won 17000 euros in a lottery and I must send 1000 dollars for registering and shipment and...
    Can anyone help me please?

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Vahidak View Post
    I've received such sms to, is that for real? A sms from Nokia in Spain that said i won 17000 euros in a lottery and I must send 1000 dollars for registering and shipment and...
    Can anyone help me please?
    No, it is not for real. Nokia wouldn't just pick someone and give them the very large prize of 17000 euros without them registering in any kind of competition organized by Nokia. And what would be the point of Nokia asking you to send 1000 dollars?
    Like Ron said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron View Post
    There is always someone that is greedy and gullible and there is always someone that will take advantage of the greedy and gullible.