Discussion Board

6310i does not work with IR on Win98. Previous 6310 worked with no problem

I had a 6310 before and I had been using it with my win98 PC with no problem at all. Now I purchased a 6310i and it does not connect to PCsuite 4.80 which was working with 6310 before. My IR port see the 6310i but nothing works. I have tried everything (uninstalling and reinstalling many times etc), even I have tried reconfiguring the virtual serial port to other ports but nothing works.

questions:
    should 6310i work with 4.80 or not ?
    is it normal that my wife 8310 works well with my 4.80 and 6310i not ?
    maybe I have a problem with the infrared port of the phone ?
    how can I get a newer version of the 6310i software drivers for PC ?

HELP !

Franco

Regular Contributor

RE: 6310i does not work with IR on Win98. Previous 6310 worked with no problem

Hi,

With Nokia 6310i it is recommended to use Nokia PC Suite 4.81. Available end user software for Nokia phones can be downloaded from http://www.nokia.com under Support section.

Best regards,

Marko Tuukkanen
    Forum Nokia

RE: 6310i does not work with IR on Win98. Previous 6310 worked with no problem

Just try to test your IR port with different phone. I had similar problem and it turn out that IR in my 6310i was just defected. I coud recivie data thru IR but could not send it , so the computer didn`t show my phone. Just try send bus. card via IR to your 2nd Nokia and vice versa. If it works your IR should working properly.