Discussion Board

Application not installed when the project has been imported

When trying to import a project to Carbide.c++ 1.1 (a project that has been exported from Carbide as well, using Export->Archive File and generating a zip file with all the contents of the project from the root directory) it builds correctly but when launching the emulator, the application is not installed in the Menu->Installed folder as it would be if I had created a project from scratch.

When I export I choose the option File->Export->Archive File and I create a zip file. When I import I extract the zip file to a folder and I choose the option "Existing Projects Into Workspace".

Any help would be appreciated.

Super Contributor

Re: Application not installed when the project has been imported

Some of the Resource files must not have updated. Try Clean Building the Project.

Ok, I've done it and I noticed one error when I looked at the console output. This error happens in the target Carbide (the one that the project was exported into) but not in the original.

'Building file: ../data/P4.rss'
    'Invoking: Resource Compiler'
    perl.exe -S epocrc.pl -u -MD -DLANGUAGE_01 -I"C:\Symbian\Carbide\exporting\P4\inc" -I"C:\Symbian\Carbide\exporting\P4\data" -I- -I"C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\include" -I"C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\include\variant" -I"C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\include\ecom" -I"C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\include\oem" -o"C:/Symbian/9.2/S60_3rd_FP1/EPOC32/RELEASE/WINSCW/UDEB/Z/resource/apps/P4.rsc" -hC:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\include\P4.rsg ../data/P4.rss

..\data\P4.rss(30) : Warning: (047) the STRUCT that this resource is based on contains a STRUCT[] data member which has not been used in this resource, the missing element is: 'panes'
    ..\data\P4.rss(39) : Warning: (047) the STRUCT that this resource is based on contains a STRUCT[] data member which has not been used in this resource, the missing element is: 'view_list'
    make: *** [C:/Symbian/9.2/S60_3rd_FP1/EPOC32/RELEASE/WINSCW/UDEB/Z/resource/apps/P4.rsc] Error 1

And at the end:

'Finished building target: C:/Symbian/9.2/S60_3rd_FP1/epoc32/release/WINSCW/UDEB/P4.exe'
    ' '
    make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
    Build complete for project P4

That warnings are given in the Problems window as well, but I got them in the original Carbride as well (where the applications works in the emulator). That's why I don't know if they're directly related with the error that happens next.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Can it happen that the emulator is running when you build the project? It can be a problem.

I'm afraid that it's not the problem because I've make sure that I exit the emulator before cleaning, buiding and emulating again.

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: Application not installed when the project has been imported

You can try with new and improved version of Carbide.C++. i.e Carbide.c++ v1.2

Kiran.

An alternative solution I could use was installing the plugin Subeclipse to Carbide.c++ 1.1 (because we are working with a SVN Repository and the problem was that if we wanted to do de initial checkout, we had to make the project work the very first time). In this way we can work with the repository. I hope this helps to anybody with a similar problem.