Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Expert

ACS Publisher ID

Hi all,
    I have completed whole signing process according to symbian signing procedure. I am getting failed report for ACS Publisher ID checking through symbian signed testing tool. The things i have done to get my application signed with publisher ID is given below. Please guide me if am wrong.

1) I applied for the publisher ID at TrustCenter and got the key and certificate.
    2) Using the key i generated the .csr file through Developer certificate Request Tool.
    3) Uploaded the .csr into the symbian portal and got the certificate.

In the package file i entered the new certificate name and the key got from Trust Center uncer the application name and version statement.

After that i signed the application using the new certificate and the old key from trust center.

Now my application in developer certified but not Ok with the Publisher ID.

Please help me with this issue. I need to submit the applicaiton for signing.

regards,
    Anoop
    Anoop..

Regular Contributor

Re: ACS Publisher ID

When generating a build for Symbian Signed you need to sign it twice:

First sign it with just the ACS certificate, not the developer certificate. Keep a copy of this to submit to symbian signed.

Sign the ACS signed version a second time, this time with your developer certificate, then use this to test. So you have signed this twice, first with the ACS cert and secondly with the dev cert.

ATL will spot the ACS certificate, the phone installer will spot the developer certificate and allow installation.

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: ACS Publisher ID

Quote Originally Posted by anoopd View Post
    In the package file i entered the new certificate name and the key got from Trust Center uncer the application name and version statement.
    Anoop
    You can omit this step as it was for pre 3rd edition. It would be fine if you won't include them in your .pkg file.

Quote Originally Posted by anoopd View Post
    After that i signed the application using the new certificate and the old key from trust center.

Now my application in developer certified but not Ok with the Publisher ID.

Please help me with this issue. I need to submit the applicaiton for signing.

regards,
    Anoop
    You can use "VerifySymbianSigned_25_05_2007.exe" tool to verify whether you have successfully signed your .Sis file with TC Trustcenter Publisher ID.

Kiran.