Discussion Board

Question look for help, Cant open the VC6 project!

There's a problem here. I used the command "makmake helloworld vc6" or "abld makefile vc6" create the VC6 project file and successed! but the problem is that when i open the VC's 'dsw' file, the VC prog crashed right now.
    and when i used the command 'makmake helloworld vc6' there is a warning shows:

WARNING: \SYMBIAN\8.0A\S60_2ND_FP2_SC\EXAMPLES\HELLOWORLD\HELLOWORLD.MMP(21) : SYSTEMINCLUDE path "\Symbian\8.0a\S60_2nd_FP2_SC\EPOC32\INCLUDE\TECHVIEW\" not found

and when i open the created dsp file, find lots of path is using that path above. so i wanna know if there is a method to set that path and let the VC complier know that relative path is from D:\.

thx in advance deeply

Super Contributor

Re: look for help, Cant open the VC6 project!

looks like you are using non public SDK, try contacting SDK provider for information about VS6 is supported or not.

Nokia Developer Moderator

This is just a warning. The examples in the Examples folder are coming from Symbian, and sometimes they refer to the Techview environment which is not part of the S60 SDK-s.
    This HelloWorld is not the best one, since it would use a menu, which will not appear on S60, and it does not contain .pkg file for installation - since it is a general Symbian example.
    There are S60-capable examples in the Series60Ex folder, for example try HelloWorldBasic from there - it will work, and it has a nice page in the SDK Help, which shows the startup sequence and class inheritance for the application.
    Symbian SDK-s do not like : (treated as separator character in sequences/enumerations) or whitespaces, so both the SDK and the project should reside on the same drive. I guess that this is inherently true for sample projects bundled with the SDK.

thanks for wizard_hu_ & shumar_rao 's help so much, I have save the problem, when I open the created VC project file, the evidence show it crashed, however, dont notice it and after about 5 minutes, the project turn available strangely, and when I close and open it again , everything seems great. So feels this problem may be resulted in by the VC itself.
    thx again.