Discussion Board

Speaker and Volume Audio Control for an active GSM call

Hello All,

Our application correctly handles GSM calls and the CTelephony Tel. application runs in the background of our application.

I would like to control the audio of the currently active GSM call, such as Activate/Deactivate the loud speaker and control the volume directly from our application.

Are there any API that will allow me to control the volume and the speaker when in a GSM call directly,
    i.e Loudspeaker control without using the APS Server and volume control without using the CR keys.

I also know there is an extension API that allows the control of Mute/Unmute when in a call but couldn't find anything similar for volume and speaker.

Thank you for all of your help, and sorry if my question has an obvious answer, I looked for a while on the forums without finding such an API, but it feels it should exist,
    Sorin

Regular Contributor

Re: Speaker and Volume Audio Control for an active GSM call

Take a look at TwoCenRepKeysToControlPhoneVolume in http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/SDK_API_Plugin

What you can't currently do is change the routing from loudspeaker to earpiece and vice versa in 3.1 (Nokia is working on this as a thread posted by nly in this forum tells you). In 3.0 APS has a bug which makes this possible.

Cheers,
    Jack