Hi,
Im making an application which shows several sprites on a background...
The background is sorted and is a Sprite of an Image...
Lets say I actually dont know from the first moment how many Sprites are gonna be needed... So I decided to use a Vector for this... I made my own class cat which extends the Sprite class... This extension inlcudes some extra params like name and some other ones...

The problem is that those cats will have to move which means their X and Y position will change... The actual implementation was to have a Vector including all cats, these are then appended onto the layerManager...
My problem is to be able to re-identify the corrrect cat... I need to do this because I only have to update the x-y coords of one or only a several cats at a time, which means I have to be able to identify the cat (with their name) so that I can update the right ones...
So I tried to extract the cat from the layerManager to read its name and compare with the "updated cat" list... but that will result in a classCastException, even though Cat extends Sprite which extends Layer afaik...

So is there a better way ? Or is there a way to link the Cats in the Vector with the ones in LayerManager ? So that when the data changes in the Vector automatically the positions are changed in the layerManager as well ???

I can use any type of help (except telling me to look at the SheepDog example, which I already did but I dont actually understand it), hints, advice, previous experiences...

Thanks in advance