Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Reply to how can Nokia shorten your application development time

hi,

Well these are the things that nokia needs to improve for the developers...

1.The documentation of S60 for from 6.1 sdk to till now is full of flaws and missing stuffs..please remove the stuffs which is not relevant to public.

2.It will be better if developers get some insight in low level stuffs of symbian which is no where there to learn for public developers on symbian example: device drivers. fsy etc..

Nokia with public sdk is much of UI and engines stuff nothing much on the core level of platforms for public developers...

Regards,
    Mateen Maldar
    "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve"

Re: Tell us how can Nokia help you shortening your application development time

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. Can you please just be a bit more precise? Indeed, the more details I have, the easiest it is for me to convince my colleagues to put extra efforts on some areas.
    Eg. Can you please tell us what are the "flaws" and "missing stuff" in the doc? What do you want to achieve by having access to low level Symbian components?
    Thanks in advance,
    Sebastien.

Super Contributor

Re: Tell us how can Nokia help you shortening your application development time

As mateen has pointed out there are not enough resources to know what happening internally and moreover some more documents and resources that deals with drivers and plugins.

Priju

Super Contributor

Re: Reply to how can Nokia shorten your application development time

As this not for novice Symbian Developer.
    Only way Nokia Can Help a Experience developer by Providing and creating tools that will help debugging on device and on emulator. That can fasten the development time and cost.

Super Contributor

Re: Reply to how can Nokia shorten your application development time

hi,

nice to see this post differciated with what experienced developer requires..

Coming to the exact reply to the post as per my opinion

These are the details for the forum expert Sebastien..

1.the documentation of Fp1 first edition to 8.1a nokia supplies the sdk with an example of device driver folder but no content in the folder. and is it exists till now if one downloads any sdk of lower edition.

but the folder and documentation says otherwise..

2. There are some examples ommited that are present in the Example folder which the documentation refers but the information and files are missing and can be found in devkit Examples folder only..

These are my opinion that i observed..

Onemore thing to add..

I aplogise for the earlier post to be diverting to the topic as i was keen to learn the internal platform but never has anyone has given a chance...

Regards,
    Mateen Maldar
    Last edited by mateen_maldar; 2007-10-12 at 15:39. Reason: personal info
    "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve"