Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Signed J2ME Application with different certificate

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone know of various j2me application with different kind of certificate. Example like gmail is using VeriSign certificate.

Do anyone know of application with other type of signed certificate? like GeoTrust CA, GlobalSign CA or Entrust CA signed application?

I really need to know about it so that i can perform test on various mobile phones to know which certificate is supported. Thanks.
    Last edited by red0devil06; 2007-10-17 at 07:36.

Do you mean code signing? As there is just Java Verified, VeriSign and thawte, not much to test. The MSI BluePlayer uses Java Verified for example. Nevertheless, for Nokia and Sony Ericsson devices you can look up the certificates within the (Java) certificate stores yourself quite easily.

Re: Signed Application with different certificate

Yes. I need to know about so that i can perform test on various devices to check on the certificate that they supported. Notably on Motorola & Samsung devices.

NetDetect is one with a Thawte code-signing cert. You find many more examples, when you search on Google.

Anyview (Thawte)
    Nav4All (VeriSign?)
    However, use these MIDlets with care, I have not checked them.

I want to push this thread. For Nokia Forum Experts: Would it be possible to create a (closed-source) Hello-World-MIDlet signed with both thawte and VerSign and tested against as many editions/packs as possible? This way, developers could cross-check whether it is a bug in the phone or on their side. There are more and more code signing related question where such an example could help.
    Last edited by traud; 2007-12-29 at 13:22.

Super Contributor

Traud. Good idea. We could do that for Verisign, at least. I do not have access to Thawte code signing certificate... but I guess I could get my hands on one...

Hartti

Thanks Hartti.

However, are there any news about this already? By the way, what about creating a dual VeriSign/thawte Hello-World MIDlet? Although signing with multiple certificates is a rather academic topic, I am sure it would help to find and fix bugs (on developer and one phone side).

Super Contributor

To be honest, this had slipped from my mind because of other work stuff. I'll ask a colleague of mine to create a Verisign signed Helloworld MIDlet. For the Thatwte I have to aske a colunteer from this forum to sign the same MIDlet. What comes to the dual signed version, I have to study the method a little.

Hartti

Super Contributor

VeriSign signed HelloWorld available here
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...example_MIDlet

Hartti

Dual (VeriSign + thawte) example: Opera Mini (since Version 4.1 beta). For some reason, Opera included MIDlet-Certificate-x-3. If you have problems with that, I recommend to remove those lines from the JAD for your tests.
    Last edited by traud; 2009-02-11 at 11:14.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by traud View Post
    Dual (VeriSign + thawte) example: Opera Mini (since Version 4.1 beta). For some reason, Opera included MIDlet-Certificate-x-3. If you have problems with that, I recommend to remove those lines from the JAD for your tests.
    It seems that the signed version of opera is running... So those are good news.

See you

Opera offers fours variants: Unsigned, VeriSign, thawte and VeriSign+thawte. Make sure you selected the right one for your tests.

Regular Contributor

I think I did. At least I think I installed the one for Thawte. It was the one I selected.

Thanks.

Can you please tell me for which Device did you test it? Becoz I am stuck with Midlet signing wihch I have done using Verisign and signed it for Nokia S60 device

Regular Contributor

I was working with a S40 Nokia 6131 NFC.

Hi,

I also am facing similar problem. I have signed my application using Thawte certificate which works with most of the handset but I get 'Certificate Error' on few handsets.

Can someone please suggest the way out of this problem? Also, is it possible to dual sign the MIDlet, if yes, how?

thanks