Discussion Board

Unable to execute after signing

Hi! can anyone help me please? I'm new to symbian development and right now I am at the point wherein I need to use a developer certificate for me to succesfully run my application. I need the developer certificate for me to get the MCC and use ReadDeviceData capability.

I successfully managed to get a DevCert using an ACS publisher ID and applied it on my application but the problem is that when I apply the developer certificate my application won't run. but when I remove the developer certificate the application successfully executed.

There were no messages regarding certificate errors and I was able to install it succesfully using the developer certificate.

Any ideas on this matter?

More power to all...

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Unable to execute after signing

Welcome to the discuaaion board, basically if you can install it to the device & you can see the icon, then your application registration files & certificates should be ok.

It is more likely that your applications crashes when it is launched, thus you can not see it.

For checking that, you could for example try my Y-Tasks::Crash monitor, which you can find it from my home page.

Also, did you change UIDs between different versions ?

yucca

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: Unable to execute after signing

Quote Originally Posted by thebomb View Post
    I successfully managed to get a DevCert using an ACS publisher ID and applied it on my application but the problem is that when I apply the developer certificate my application won't run. but when I remove the developer certificate the application successfully executed.

There were no messages regarding certificate errors and I was able to install it succesfully using the developer certificate.

Any ideas on this matter?...
    Also try following links:

* TSS000254 - How can I get extended information in error messages?

* Extended panic code

Kiran.

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    Welcome to the discuaaion board, basically if you can install it to the device & you can see the icon, then your application registration files & certificates should be ok.

It is more likely that your applications crashes when it is launched, thus you can not see it.

For checking that, you could for example try my Y-Tasks::Crash monitor, which you can find it from my home page.

Also, did you change UIDs between different versions ?

yucca
    Thank you very much yucca, your reply is greatly appreciated, as far as i know I tried to change the UID, which I also applied for symbiansigned. I'll try to look at your Crash Monitor example Many Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by kiran10182 View Post
    Thank you very much Kiran, I'll be looking at this too Thanks...