Discussion Board

J2ME GPS - Connect phone to internal GPS or Bluetooth GPS solutions

Are you a J2ME developer who wants to develop mobile application that can connect your phone to GPS?

Are you a graduate or university student who wants to complete your mobile GPS project for your thesis?

Are you a newbie to J2ME who wants to learn how to display flash screen? how to use thread? how to use record store? how to build your custom menu? how to use double buffer (off-screen buffer) to speed up graphic drawing performance?

If you answer Yes to one of these questions above, you can get the J2ME GPS source code from here for $19.90:
    www.j2megps.com

PS:
    Added the price of source code as Tiger79's suggestion
    Last edited by vgps; 2007-10-17 at 09:48.

Super Contributor

Re: J2ME GPS - Connect phone to internal GPS or Bluetooth GPS solutions

well, after having had some help from you with establishing a BlueTooth connection I kinda am surprised u are actually selling the code and placing it in this forum...
    on the other side its ur code so u have all rigths to ask something for it in return but please state that in ur post above cause people now click on the hyperlink expecting to be able to download the code for free while this is not the case...

Smile Re: J2ME GPS - Connect phone to internal GPS or Bluetooth GPS solutions

<<<
    well, after having had some help from you with establishing a BlueTooth connection I kinda am surprised u are actually selling the code and placing it in this forum...
    on the other side its ur code so u have all rigths to ask something for it in return but please state that in ur post above cause people now click on the hyperlink expecting to be able to download the code for free while this is not the case...
    >>>

Short answer, we have to spend a lot of time to maintain the service and have to pay for domain name and hosting services.

Long answer, if you want to download free source code, you can try to search for free J2ME GPS source code on the internet. There are a lot of free J2ME GPS source codes but ussually they are very complicated to understand and these source codes have about 10 ~ 20 classes. They may use other third-party libraries such as Bluetooth library or float library to connect and parse NMEA sentences.

Because of number of classes and third-party libraries usage, free j2me gps source code is not easy to understand and integrate with your code.

We have spent 2 years to build a complete J2ME GPS solutions. Our source code has only 4 classes and does not use any third-party library, it only uses standard JSR82/JSR179 API --> easy to understand and integrate with your own code.

So, the choice is up to users. We have to pay for our domain and hosting services. :-)

PS:
    If we want to sign our J2ME application, will nokia charge us for free? :-)
    Last edited by vgps; 2007-10-17 at 10:45.

Red face Re: J2ME GPS - Connect phone to internal GPS or Bluetooth GPS solutions

hi , I'm a student of communication eng. and i have afinal project on j2me and gps
    and i need to connect gps reciver simulater with mobile and a server so please any help or some source code and i'll be so thanksfull