Discussion Board

Arrow [announce] the first Mobile Python book is now available !

Hello ,

GREAT NEWS !

Ville Tullos(NY Mashup) and Jurgens Scheible (the guy who wrote the nice pys60 tutorial) have written the FIRST book on pys60 : Mobile Python !

It is now available !

Both authors launch it in the Symbian Smartphone Show at London on the 16 October. I was at the launching (I'm a lucky guy ) and I got mine already. I recommend it heartly to you Python guys !

Mobile Python is the introduction of Python programming language to the mobile space. This practical hands-on book teaches readers how to realize their application ideas on the Symbian OS. Programming on the Symbian mobile platform has been difficult and time consuming in the past. This innovative new title will remedy this problem.

Chapters deal with topics that are based on Python S60 features and presented in an order that lets the user learn first the “simple to code” ones and then increasing in complexity.

Mobile Python is peppered with hands-on coding examples covering the rich set of functionalities of Python S60 and practical exercises include:

* How to build an MP3 player including a to get MP3 files from the Internet or Bluetooth hotspots to your mobile.
    * How one can control a robot on wheels just using the mobile phone via Bluetooth.
    * How to connect a mobile phone over Bluetooth via the serial port to a hyper terminal on the PC or MAC
    * How to take photos, record sounds while you are travelling and let your application store them with related meta-data.

Whether the reader is an experienced programmer or a mobile artist, they will benefit from the clear, non-technical language of this book, essentially letting them become part of the user driven innovation wave that is expected to come soon in the mobile space

- The book teaches you how to program your own mobile applications easily on Nokia smartphones based on Symbian OS and the S60 platform

- Wide range of smartphone functionalities is covered, including camera, sound, and graphics, Bluetooth, Internet, positioning, messaging and reading of incoming SMS

- Over 100 inspiring and fully working application examples are provided that can be instantly executed on your S60 phone

- Light and engaging hands-on coding style that gets you up and running quickly and increases your skill in a smooth and fast manner.

LAST NEWS : a word from Jurgens Scheible his co-author a great Forum Nokia Champion !

During the spring and summer I wrote a book together with Ville Tuulos called Mobile Python - Rapid prototyping on the mobile platform. It includes over 100 inspiring and fully working Python for S60 application examples that can be instantly executed on your S60 phone. It also holds a foreword by Guido van Rossum (Python creator !) and Eric von Hippel. The book is published by Wiley. I hope you will have great fun with this book!

Jurgens

LAST NEWS

links :
    http://www.mobilepythonbook.org/

Mobile Python : Rapid prototyping of applications on the mobile platform
    Jürgen Scheible, Ville Tuulos, Jukka Laurila
    ISBN: 978-0-470-51505-1
    Paperback
    336 pages
    since 16 October 2007
    Wiley
    pys60 1.4.5 and 2.0.0, pygame, PyS60 CE on E90 and 5800 !

Find my pys60 extension modules on cyke64.googlepages.com

Re: [announce] the first Mobile Python book is now available !

I got this book for Christmas and it's very good.

Recommended!