Discussion Board

Nokia 5200 Bluetooth data transfer when pairing

Hi. Using bluetooth I paired my Nokia 5200 with a Samsung E250 in order to transfer data between the two phones.

It all works fine when I use the Samsung (it both sends to and fetches data from the Nokia 5200). However, when I try to use the Nokia 5200 to transfer data, I get the message "Bluetooth connection failed", even though it all still works from the Samsung.

Any ideas? Help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Nokia 5200 Bluetooth data transfer when pairing

Check the file size you are trying to send through BLUETOOTH. Try to send any small size file like of few KBs(any picture etc.),. Then see ,can you transfer the file or not ? If you are able to transfer,then its the porblem of less internat cache memory of your phone ,if not then you should try to send the same file to another brand phone like other samsung phone or sony erricsson or other model of Nokia phone. If still not working you have to consult your Nokia Service Center.

Super Contributor

Have u manage to find the Nokia 5200, via bluetooth, when you are sending the file?

<< Have u manage to find the Nokia 5200, via bluetooth, when you are sending the file? >>

Yes. When I pair with the Samsung via bluetooth, it finds the Nokia 5200 without problem, and can copy files from and to it, no matter the size or type of file.
    At the same time, the Nokia 5200 does find the Samsung E250. The only thing wrong is when I try to transfer data using the Nokia. Although it knows it is paired with the other phone, it returns the message "Bluetooth connection failed".
    This is weird as, without changing any settings at all, I can still receive and send data from the Samsung. It's as if the Nokia problem is not really with Bluetooth but rather with data transfer.

????