Discussion Board

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Contributor

Use this sthread to submit your feedback for the the new Developer Community

So the maintenance break is now over and we have migrated all the discussion board threads, wiki articles and blog entries to new servers. At the same time we have also changed the blog engine we are using which allows the blogs to contain more compelling stuff, not only text and pictures. There is also a new Lobby page which aggregates RSS feeds from various sources. http://community.forum.nokia.com

I hope you like what we have created for you!

There are quite likely some issues here are there which needs fixing, so bear with us when we get all the systems running properly. You can also provide us feedback using this thread.

Thanks!
    Hartti

Re: Use this sthread to submit your feedback for the the new Developer Community

Hi,

Just a few quick points from my first attempts to use the new system.

1) I tried to comment on Tote's blog and it said I had the authentication code wrong, despite it being only 4 digits and my trying replacements like capital o for zero and such like. That needs checking.

2) Where is the "Today's Posts" option on the discussion boards? I used to use that all the time because people often don't post things on the "right" board plus I generally visit every day. I guess "New Posts" will do, but if it's easy to do...

3) We've lost the announcements on the right (which I believe was deliberate?) but we've not got anything there so the screen real estate is just wasted. Everything seems to be squashed into the middle on my browser (firefox) so I have to scroll more to read the same amount. Can it all get wider?

4) I'm impressed you've got it all switched over and working in less than the scheduled downtime - great work!

Cheers,
    Sorcery

Re: Use this sthread to submit your feedback for the the new Developer Community

P.S. I noticed that the comments total on the main blogs page for the blog where I tried to comment has gone up from 10 to 14 even though there are only 10 comments. I guess this is because I had 4 goes at submitting my comment (sorry Tote if you get 4 emails!).

Also, I don't see my own post that I made on this thread in "New Posts" is that intentional because I've seen it?

The new CSS has the same link colors for both visited and unvisited links. Please make the visited link color distinct from unvisited.

Lauri

Vote +1 for the Today's Posts search.

Another issue: New Posts shows only unread posts while the old New Posts showed all. IMO, reading a post does not make it "old" but just "read".

Lauri

Nokia Developer Champion

Thumbs up Re: Use this sthread to submit your feedback for the the new Developer Community

Hi Hartti and Ron,

Really great work in no time. : )

I have one feedback/suggestion for you:
    I am a Mozilla Firefox user. As far as navigation is concerned, everything is fine except the look of Wiki, with the new change.

All the articles are not in proper alignment. Everything seems to be in Center Alignment with Firefox browser.

It looks fine with IE but doesn't look fine with Firefox.
    I hope you would consider this as a near-future-change.

Kiran.

Nokia Developer Expert

Try to refresh the page while holding down the "Shift" key. We had a number of fixes applied as the site went live today. In Firefox - at this end - the issue does not appear. Hope that works - let us know if it is still an issue.

The overall look and feel is increased. Better navigation between communities ports. Good work by the Forum Nokia team. Thanks for those who'd worked behind the new layout.

I've observed these things in the Blog section:

1. Most Commented Articles and the Most Read articles side bars are not giving an expected behavior, the order in which it's showing is not correct I believe. Once when I checked one of my blog entry the read count was more than that with the current article which has shown on top and one of my Blog entry has more that 20 comments but it's not shown on the side bar.

2. Next thing is I'm not able to update the picture from the user profile of the Blog. It's showing some preloaded album list. There is no option to update a custom image.

As the fellow members already mentioned the Today's post is a good feature missing. As Kiran had mentioned the wiki is not coming up properly, everything is centrally aligned.

Edit: I've checked the Wiki with Firefox, in IE it's coming up well.

Thumbs up Re: Use this sthread to submit your feedback for the the new Developer Community

You announced it on Champion Day, now it's alive. Great job !

So here are my 2 comments:
    I also would get back "Today's post" search. If it could be configurable (select the forum Boards from where you would like to see today's post) would great.

I would like an advance search with "AND OR NEAR" operators.

Earlier the DIscussion BOard had used a wide disply format, now it's been shrink to the center of the screen, because of that some in some of the thread the text is not wrapped and so that the display is not good you can check the attached screen shot for an example.

Usability issue: the jump to new posts icon (next to thread topic) is so small now that it takes a lot more focusing effort to click on. I use that feature a lot.

Lauri.

Super Contributor

Whooa, you go to sleep for few hours and you get back 10 comments. Definitely my most active dibo thread ever!

Sorcery
    1) We have not noticed that bug on authentication code ourselves during testing or on live site. Can you chare which browser you were using (I doubt that this causes the problem, but still...). We'll investigate this.

2) Today's posts. Seems to have dropped by mistake. It was on the final list we planned. Thanks for pointing this out

3) will check this

4) Thanks, although I am the worng person to thank. I'll pass the thanks to the subcontractors

Duplicate comment issue has been reported and we are investigating the issue.
    Not seeing your own post in the new posts lists, should not work that way (at least that's my opinion). Let's see..

Hartti

Super Contributor

laa-laa

You mean the red dotted underline on DiBo? To be changed.

Kiran, the centering should not be the issue anymore. For some reason immediately after the udpate the CSS was incorrect. Clear your browser cache if this is still the case.

Hartti

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Hi All,

If you haven't heard Hartti Suomela and I are managing the Community. Hartti will do the project management and I'll do most of the day to day tasks. However, our tasks will overlap.

Ron

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by laa-laa View Post
    Usability issue: the jump to new posts icon (next to thread topic) is so small now that it takes a lot more focusing effort to click on. I use that feature a lot.

Lauri.
    I use that a lot too, a lot more than you I bet. But, I think it is so much easier on the left hand column instead of having to scroll up that I'm a bit faster than before.

We'll see what we can do to improve this.

Ron