Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Feedback on New updates of Nokia happened Today

Hi All,

Well finally the site looks improved. But has some more works to do,

1. Well the Ui and images used are too big ..
    2. I still like to have the Today's post coz when i tried to search for the post i need to reply.. it opens the same each and every thread reply to the same post. i usually search by my name.

3. Good work nokia but still needs some customisation..

Happy posting for all the developers..

Regards,
    Mateen Maldar
    "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve"

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Feedback on New updates of Nokia happened Today

Thanks for the feedback.

1) we will do some tweaks here and there. I agree, some things could be smaller...

2) should be there. apparently my tired eyes did not catch this early enough.

3) customization... well, that's a broad topic. I mean it seems that many people ask for this, but the very few peoplee really would find the time to utilize the feature. But it's on the roadmap, but no details how and when we will implement this (as this is dependent on some other related issues we need to work on)

Mateen_maldar: Would you be interested in providing us you comments on how you would like to see us implementing customization/personalization? You can approach me through my screen name

Hartti

Super Contributor

hi hartti,

well i will mail you tonight regarding the issues and updates that would be needed..

Regards,
    Mateen Maldar

Wiki Moderators

Hello FN

The new look to FN is amazing but i think

1) The blogs needs some changes...The topics are really big and maybe they can be cut short a little (may be the descrption of the topic) to appear small and pleasant. As Matten pointed out Today's Threads option has disappeared.This option was quite often handy atleast for me.

2) One more thing that I am not happy is with the time.FN follows the GMT time.Either it should show time as per as the country of registration or either current GMT time should be made available on the side.

3) Its good that all flashy promos are removed and the site looks more descent.

4) The lobby which is introduced is a quick tool for the developers to be familiar with the latest post and articles as well as blogs all on the same page that had never been possible before.Moreover i really like the video section (where the welcome video is put up).This makes the whole idea interactive..and hope the videos related to different topics and latest news about FN can be put there as well like always..
    The Color theme adopted for the DiBo is really good and doesnt catch the eye(smooth)

Good work Fn.Great step towards a really bright future..
    Last edited by croozeus; 2007-10-30 at 09:57. Reason: mistype
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

Nokia Developer Moderator

The new site looks great. However, the comments feature of the blogs needs tweaking. I made a comment on Ron's "What do you think of our new home" post and got something like "Error...Your comment has entered moderation queue and is awaiting approval by the author of the blog". 3 hours later it still wasn't published.

Wiki Moderators

Quote Originally Posted by bogdan.galiceanu View Post
    The new site looks great. However, the comments feature of the blogs needs tweaking. I made a comment on Ron's "What do you think of our new home" post and got something like "Error...Your comment has entered moderation queue and is awaiting approval by the author of the blog". 3 hours later it still wasn't published.

Hello bogdan.galiceanu

Same is the case with my comment on the Rons Blog .It hasnt appeared since 5 hours and i also got the same message as you had got that it need approval by the author of the blog(Ron).So may be it will take time as its manual bypass.Lets see!
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

Super Contributor

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by bogdan.galiceanu View Post

To which ever article you have comments written the author of the article will see that the content and your comments are relevant and appropiate to the topic it will get approved from the author and he can also deny comments if found inappopriate, which happens for me mostly too often when i try to comment on some topic which are inappopriate thoughts..

Regards,
    Mateen Maldar

Regular Contributor

Can we have some attachment options for posts.
    That would allow us to attach the problematic code for review.
    Cheers
    Subhasis

Nokia Developer Champion

lucky@symbian,

You can insert the code in the post itself using the code tags.

Hartti

Nokia Developer Champion

mateen,

thanks for offering to send your thoughts! I did not see them yet in my inbox (which is btw bursting with unread emails... this kind of launching thing seems to eat more time than I really expected...) but whenever I get it I'll read it.

Thanks,
    Hartti

Nokia Developer Champion

croozeus,

1) Today's posts is there. finally :-)
    we will be tweaking with the layout in the days to come.

2) timzones... discussion boards show the time in local time, but I think this does not work similarly across the whole site... this might be some corrections for this still this year, as we need to twak the profile information of dibo, wiki, and blogs and this might get corrected in the same time..

3) Agree.

4) yes they are to be changed regularly.

Hartti

Wiki Moderators

Thanks for the reply hartti
    I think now the members of the Forum should use this thread for the feedback for the new developer community as created by the experts themselves....
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=119343
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com