Discussion Board

Advanced Multimedia Supplements (JSR-234) API support in lower version phones

Few days back I had posted an query on the forum asking why my application of creating an "Player" object on N70 is failing. I had got the replied that selected phones of S40 platform would support the application. I did my research and found that those phones which will support the application will require support of Advanced Multimedia Supplements (JSR-234) API. I found that there only 19 such phones which have the support of the API. My question to you is whether lower version phones can be made to support this API by any way. Thank-you for your time.

-Ashish Gavande

Super Contributor

Re: Advanced Multimedia Supplements (JSR-234) API support in lower version phones

if an API has not been pre-installed on a mobile device it cannot be added in a later stage...
    so I guess that (as in nearly al cases) if the api is not present u will not be able to use their specific functionality...

Re: Advanced Multimedia Supplements (JSR-234) API support in lower version phones

What is the problem with the N70? I can't seem to optimize it and I tried everything. Is there a bug in it's software? What if I reinstall it? Or maybe I can take another matching software?
    ---
    tri-dophilus

Super Contributor

johannabartley,

What are you trying to optimize? What does not MIDlet do? Please explain a little more so we could try to help.

Hartti