If I search "Ethernet" in this forum, I get a lots of answers. I tried them a lot, but no one worked for me. Am stuck for last three days.
1. S60 3rd Edition FP2(Latest) SDK
2. Windows Vista
1. I don't want to use Winsock for connection to internet via my emulator.
2. I want to use Symbian/S60 TCP/IP stack instead.
This requirement arised as Winsock sockets don't pass HTTP POST data to the webserver. Only header is received and thats all. On Target phone(N95) it works fine. On emulator it doesn't work, thanks to winsock.
1. I read the emulator guide to make Ethernet work on S60 3rd Edition SDK. Followed exact steps to change ethernetced.xml and run configchange.pl.
2. Now if I run my httpclient app, Iap pop up shows No Data.
3. If I open web Browser, it shows -15 error. ie KErrServerTerminated.
I have seen
which gives the solution to make this work for S60 2nd Edition on Vista.
I guess I need something for S60 3rd Edition FP2 on Vista, as the files mentioned in above solution are not in 3rd Ed FP2. There is no epoc32\release\wins folder.
Have also seen:
Is there somebody who can help me connect my S60 3rd Ed FP2 emulator on Vista with net, without using WINSOCK.