Discussion Board

MultimediaDD Capability Certificate - how do i add to my N93?

How do I add a certificate with MultimediaDD capability to my N93 (thanks otsov for pointing out that that's what I have to do.)? I am hoping this is a well documented process that somebody can post a link to a document that I can just follow.

Any pointers appreciated
    ...Roland

Quote Originally Posted by otsov View Post
    In N93 for the video recording to work you'll need a certificate with "MultimediaDD" capability - use this with your Python application and the Nokia signed interpreter core. This is at least what the "Known Issue" inherently claims.

For the second part, you are right, it should work with all the models you listed.
    Last edited by rtanglao; 2007-11-01 at 14:52. Reason: Added question mark to the title

Re: MultimediaDD Capability Certificate - how do i add to my N93?

First you need to get a certificate with MultimediaDD capability. It's currently a manufacturer approved capability but should be much easier to get with the upcoming changes to Symbian Signed as it will no longer require manufacturer approval.

So, you can request one from Nokia or wait a month or so.

Then you need to sign your sis file with it rather than "add it to your device".

There are lots of documents on Symbian Signing and Platform Security on Forum Nokia and Symbian sites. However, since the process is about to change you may want to wait before getting into the details of what to do?

Sorcery

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery-ltd View Post
    - - the upcoming changes to Symbian Signed as it will no longer require manufacturer approval. - - wait a month or so.
    Oh, thank you Sorcery for these interesting rumors! I'd love to read more! Is this relevant:
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=118597

Yes, that thread is very relevant. It's not a rumor - it has been announced. In that very post it says that only AllFiles, DRM and TCB will be manufacturer approved capabilities. That means MultimediaDD won't.

The timing part is still not known and not officially announced as far as I'm aware but the guidance I heard is "4th quarter" hence I say wait "a month or so". I think the changes will be phased in though so you might have to wait longer depending on which part of the change you are waiting for.

Sorcery