Discussion Board

Downloading Pictures From Nokia Camera Headset

i recently purchased one of the nokia headsets, and it takes a picture at 640x480. can i download these pictures from my phone to my laptop which is equipped with an infrared reciever.??

Thanks

Regular Contributor

RE: Downloading Pictures From Nokia Camera Headset

Hi,

As said at the Nokia Camera Headset HS-1C Product Support webpages "
    The end user first needs to save the picture to the phone's gallery, i.e. memory. Then, depending on phone model, the user can send the picture to a PC by using MMS e-mail, a data cable or an infrared connection together with the phone-specific PC Suite. The user should check with the operator that his/her SIM card is Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) enabled."

Best regards,

Marko Tuukkanen
    Forum Nokia

I also bought a 6610 and a camera headset HS-1C and at swedish site http://www.nokia.se/mobiltelefoner/cameraheadset/faq.html they say (Hur skickas bilden till en dator?
    Du mste frst spara bilden i telefonens galleri, dvs i minnet. Drefter kan du, beroende p telefonmodell, skicka bilden till en dator via MMS-baserad e-post, en datakabel eller infrard frbindelse med PC Suite fr telefonen. Kontrollera med operatren att ditt SIM-kort r aktiverat fr MMS.) and that means that you can use kabel or imfra red connection. I am very VERY ANGRY with nokia because I read this before i buy camera. And now i can not use camera because our telefon company do not use MMS. and it is so hard to get ant help from Nokia

Hello,

I am also in the same boat. It cant be hard for them to get out some software which will extract the pictures from the phone.
    It has annoyed me no end, as i have paid for this camera only to find out i have to pay for each picture, when i cant really tell if it is worth sending or not.

DAMN THEM
    PLease keep me informed if anyone finds out the answer, i too will email if i find out.

Nokia7210@mkinch.fslife.co.uk

Cheers

SHAME to NOKIA!!!!!

I spend many hours to find a way to upload my photos taken with the camera and couldn't find. Never I could imagine that Nokia would forget this feature in a new phone.

Time to give us a new software who can handle new generation phones like 6100, 6610, 7210....not the PC Suite 5 aswell polyphonic ringingtones, group graffics, MMS.

Remy

Go to the nokia site, and go to support for the nokia 7250. Here you will find a PC Suite Version 5.1 (not 5.0, or 5.01).

This version has a mobile phone browser (integrates with Windows Explorer) and allows you to access the ringtone folder, and pictures folders. You will read that this is compatible with the 6100, 6610, 7210 etc...

I have noticed this is not well publicised, I don't know why, it would greatly improve sales etc... and would stop threads like the current one.

Thank you for your info, it worked with the PC Suite 5.1
    However Nokia should sell this verson with the phone instead of the older.

I tried the suggested, and installed PC Suite 5.1. Below is what stated in the Readme.txt:

--------------------------------------------------------------

4.3 Phone hardware/software

The PC Suite 5.1 is intended to be used with the Nokia 7250 phone,
    and IrDA or cable (DKU-5) connection.

The Nokia PC Suite 5.1 does not work with phones other than the ones specified.

--------------------------------------------------------------

And I have problem reading the gallery. Can someone help?