Discussion Board

Question User data in SMS-SUBMIT-REPORT and SMS-STATUS-REPORT

Hi,

According to ETSI TS 123 040 V5.3.0, a User Data (optional) can be sent in SMS-SUBMIT-REPORT and SMS-STATUS-REPORT messages. I tried sending a customized messages in those fields to N70 phone and it doesn't seems to be working.

Do Nokia phones support those optional parameters? What phones support them? Do you have plans adding support?

Thanks in advace.

Regular Contributor

Re: User data in SMS-SUBMIT-REPORT and SMS-STATUS-REPORT

Quote Originally Posted by eranga View Post
    Hi,

According to ETSI TS 123 040 V5.3.0, a User Data (optional) can be sent in SMS-SUBMIT-REPORT and SMS-STATUS-REPORT messages. I tried sending a customized messages in those fields to N70 phone and it doesn't seems to be working.

Do Nokia phones support those optional parameters? What phones support them? Do you have plans adding support?

Thanks in advace.

Normally SMS-SUBMIT-REPORT is sent by SMSC to your phone regarding your SMS-SUBMIT sent to SMSC.

and SMS-STATUS-REPORT is also sent by SMSC to your phone regarding the final state of your SMS-SUBMIT

So sending SMS-SUBMIT-REPORT will not understood by SMSC, eventhought you try to send it using mobile phone

Thanks for your reply.

However both the messages I told is what I sent from the SMSC side to the mobile phone. Those messages come to the mobile phone, however it only shows "Delivered <number>" and nothing about the User Data.

What I am trying is send User Data from the SMSC side and expect that to show in the phone. Looks like the phones are not suporting that facility.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by eranga View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

However both the messages I told is what I sent from the SMSC side to the mobile phone. Those messages come to the mobile phone, however it only shows "Delivered <number>" and nothing about the User Data.

What I am trying is send User Data from the SMSC side and expect that to show in the phone. Looks like the phones are not suporting that facility.
    Yes, AFAIK that feature normally mostly not implemented on mobile phone. Phone just inform that message is delivered exclude the data of message delivered/undelivered.