Discussion Board

Raccoon 0.11.0 sharing root using WebDAV error

Hello,

trying to access my memory card on the E70 I have some strange problem. It is possible to share every folder using WebDAV, it works like a charm. Copy files, edit texts, everything. But: As soon as I try to share E:/, the root of my memory card, I can't see anything. Only one time in all my tries I saw for a very short moment the contents, but it refreshed to contain no files immediately after that.

As client I use OS X 10.4.10, I assume there is some problem because it wants to access files .DS_Store, ._.Trashes and directory .Trashes - but I'm not sure. Here's the error.log from raccoon:

[Mon Nov 05 20:04:04 2007] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication ...

[Mon Nov 05 20:04:04 2007] [notice] Digest: done

[Mon Nov 05 20:04:05 2007] [notice] mod_python: Creating 4 session mutexes based on 0 max processes and 4 max threads.

[Mon Nov 05 20:04:05 2007] [notice] ThreadLimit 4 > 1 and mod_python loaded, but PyS60 does not (yet) support threading. ThreadLimit reset to 1.

[Mon Nov 05 20:04:31 2007] [error] [client 192.168.0.128] Provider encountered an error while streaming a multistatus PROPFIND response. [404, #0]

[Mon Nov 05 20:04:34 2007] [error] [client 192.168.0.128] Provider encountered an error while streaming a multistatus PROPFIND response. [404, #0]

OK, I also have error log on my computer (my Mac is called Schwan and the E70 is named Biene - but that doesn't matter I think)

Nov 5 20:05:06 Schwan webdavd[14716]: ((CFXMLParserParse(parser) == true) && (opendir_struct.error == 0)) failed; going to CFXMLParserParse; file: mount.tproj/webdav_parse.c; line: 1196
    Nov 5 20:05:09 Schwan webdavd[14716]: ((CFXMLParserParse(parser) == true) && (opendir_struct.error == 0)) failed; going to CFXMLParserParse; file: mount.tproj/webdav_parse.c; line: 1196

Is there an easy help to access the whole memory card using only one sharing instead of sharing every folder on it?

Thanks and bye,
    Timm

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Raccoon 0.11.0 sharing root using WebDAV error

Quote Originally Posted by Timm.Ganske View Post
    Is there an easy help to access the whole memory card using only one sharing instead of sharing every folder on it?
    I'm traveling at the moment - I'll look into this when I get back.

Johan

Nokia Developer Expert

Unfortunately, it seems that it really is not possible at the moment. There appears to be some "interference" between the way aliases are defined, how paths are interpreted and the way DAV works.

Also on Windows (from where the path management code largely has been taken) it seems that you cannot share the root of a drive. I'll try to figure out exactly what the root cause is.

Johan

Nokia Developer Expert

Actually, it seems that I was barking on the wrong tree, or not all trees...

To denote that the path refers to the root, you need to have a trailing slash.
    Code:
    Alias /c-root/ "C:/"
    And that means that the alias needs to have one as well. Now, it seems that the built-in dav client of IE strips, at least in some contexts, the trailing slash away from the URL, which obviously then causes various errors.

I then switched to Novell Netdrive, which does the right thing, and then got exactly the error messages you encountered. And those are dav-related. When dav walks through the directory contents, it stats all directory entries. And it seems that stat:ing C:\Private and C:\Sys returns access denied, which causes dav to give up and that then causes the error message you saw.

I made a workaround for that, which made most of those "Provide encountered..." errors go away, but not all, so some other problem still needs to be solved. However, I'm pretty confident now that it will be possible to share the whole drive through webdav.

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by jhnwkmn View Post
    To denote that the path refers to the root, you need to have a trailing slash.
    It doesn't change the behaviour, so OSX seems to do something right ...

And it seems that stat:ing C:\Private and C:\Sys returns access denied, which causes dav to give up and that then causes the error message you saw.
    No, I tried to share E:/ where it seems this problem doesn't exist. The logs didn't say anything about sys and private. They don't exist on E:

I made a workaround for that, which made most of those "Provide encountered..." errors go away, but not all, so some other problem still needs to be solved. However, I'm pretty confident now that it will be possible to share the whole drive through webdav.
    Then I'll wait again with patience for the next version and hope it will fix it - or do you have a build which you could mail me for testing if the workaround works fine when using a Mac?

Nokia Developer Expert

No, I tried to share E:/ where it seems this problem doesn't exist. The logs didn't say anything about sys and private. They don't exist on E:
    It depends on how hard you look

The phone's own file manager does not show them, nor does the Y-Browser but the file browser of Ped does, and if you remove the memory card and examine it using your PC you'll find them there.

...or do you have a build which you could mail me for testing if the workaround works fine when using a Mac?
    Yes, I'll send it over mail.

Johan

nor does the Y-Browser but the file browser of Ped does, and if you remove the memory card and examine it using your PC you'll find them there.
    Ah sure! I had a look using YBrowser ...

Yes, I'll send it over mail.
    Thank you very much, it works fine!

Timm

Nokia Developer Expert

Thank you very much, it works fine!
    Cool - it can now also be found from SourceForge.

Johan