Discussion Board

Lightbulb can i have reduced pc suits?

nokia pc suits is a tool that offers a lot of useful function. but it installs so many drives into my computer which will be loaded into mainmemory automatically each time i login, even i am not going to use it. this is no doubt a waste of system resources, especially for an old PC.

so can i have a reduced or "green" pc software which can exchange information with my phone? this way no drives will be installed and therefore will not pulll down the overall performance of a computer. whatever, just no system drives, no autoruns. "reduced pc suits", it is my most wanted feature. so it is with some other guys, i guess.
    I used to work with my sonyericsson T628 and there was a tool "mobilestudio". that is the very thing i want to have for my nokia.

Thanks
    Nano. P.R.China

Super Contributor

Re: can i have reduced pc suits?

hello,

at least I haven't seen that kind of mini package of the PC-suite.

actually by posting here, i would like to give a soft remind to the programers as well as hardware developers. at least they should have a try to save user's system resources.

it seems our programer have relied too much on today's super-powered hardware.

Super Contributor

Hello!

I think that developers how create software for mobile devices will observe this system resource issue very well. But on the PC site it's not so important anymore. Resource eating software means that customer need to go to the shop and bye more hardware...

Super Contributor

Hi,

that's right what Tumpelo said. Just think what is more expensive - to buy a new PC or let the developers team to optimalize for month the software, which at the best will give them 20% of speed or space consumption save. Then you can imagine that during month of optimalization new bug will be introduced, so the test team should re-test everything...

It's simply not possible with time demands we have

BR,
    STeN