Discussion Board

Installing Certificates Assitance Please

Hello

I have the Avaya One-X Mobile application loaded on a Nokia 5700 handset (Symbian OS v9.2, S60 rel. 3.1). I get the feature not supported error when I attempt to run it.

I checked the certificate on the Application and he says:

Issuer: Symbian, Symbian Limited, GB

When checking in Certificate Management there isn't one with this Issuers name on it as above.

There are Symbian Certificates for VeriSign and GeoTrust, but not as listed above.

I am seeking assistance on where to retain and how to install this certificate.

I am also interested to know what the "Default Web Browser" setting should be for Vodafone NZ which appears under Applicaton Manager.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Brent

Super Contributor

Re: Installing Certificates Assitance Please

I did a quick look on the avaya site and I could not see where the 5700 is a supported device.

I suggest you contact Avaya and ask them about the avaliability of the application for your phone.

There is no default setting for the browsser. You might be able to find the settings wizard on the phone (if its supplied)( and use that to populate all the gprs/wap etc settings otherwise you will need to contact your network operator and ask them to provision your device.

For example I go to virgin mobile's site and put in my phone number then they send me an sms with the all the configuration information in it and its automatically provisioned to my device when I enter the correct PIN.

If you mean "default web address" then its ignored as online certificate checks are currently disabled.

Re: Installing Certificates Assitance Please

Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Todd View Post
    I did a quick look on the avaya site and I could not see where the 5700 is a supported device.

I suggest you contact Avaya and ask them about the avaliability of the application for your phone.

There is no default setting for the browsser. You might be able to find the settings wizard on the phone (if its supplied)( and use that to populate all the gprs/wap etc settings otherwise you will need to contact your network operator and ask them to provision your device.

For example I go to virgin mobile's site and put in my phone number then they send me an sms with the all the configuration information in it and its automatically provisioned to my device when I enter the correct PIN.

If you mean "default web address" then its ignored as online certificate checks are currently disabled.

Thanks Paul

Correct, not a supported device, but within the realms of the symbian os. I'll follow up on the other advice.

Cheers
    Brent Topine