Discussion Board

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

RE: SMS BASED APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT

Hai Shukalji,
    Iam new to this network and iam working as Software Web Application Developer . Right now i have got a new requirement , where i have to send SMS messages to mobile devices . Right now Iam working on VB6.0,ASP,COM/DCOM,XML etc and i don't know how to proceed . Can u please tell me how should i proceed for sending SMS to cell phones using VB6. If u give me some sample Code it will be very helpful to me as i have to finish the feature in another 1 week .

my email address is : contactabilash@yahoo.co.in

thanxs , Abilash

hi, u can use the READ,CREATESHORTMSG to read & send the sms automatically.i'm also trying something similar to ur proj.If u don't mind can u mail me wheer u obtained the proceesing bit.I need it urgently.Please help me by mailing me the details as sson as possible.If u can, plz mail me the proceesing bit that u now have.thanx-Dayal.I send u the code for Reading & sending the sms automatically.Plz furnish em wid ur e-mail id.Mine is dayalkanna@hotmail.com

i want to make a application using vb6 where i can send message from pc to mobile, like SMPP. Can any one suggest how to proceed with or wehre i can get some doc / info . plz help me this is very urgent.

regards
    prasanta
    E-mail : biswal_prasanta@yahoo.com

SMS BASED APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT

Hi, I am extremely new to this technology. I wish to create an application using VB which can automatically receive sms and after processing the received sms details could send out the information back to the sender. I already have the Processing bit covered out but would like to know what tools do i need to read SMS from a connected mobile. and send sms from it.
    Thanks

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi!

Please, read the PC Connectivity SDK documentation for more details.

Teemu / Forum Nokia

I'm not into VB programming, but if VB can access the serial port, then sending / receiving SMS from mobile attached to serial port can be a simple matter of sending / receiving AT commands on the serial port. There's a doc on the AT command-set somewhere in Forum Nokia.

I am also interested in doing the same thing, but I am using a Nokia D211 card and apparently the AT command set does not work for this card - is there a way to get around this or to be able to read the SMSs straight into an application like that, only I couldnt seem to get the SDK to help me much unfortunately.

Has anyone else posted a similar question, or what experience have you have using this?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Sparky.

You should use rs232 to do this.if your gsm modem or mobile phone support AT commands
    MSComm1.CommPort = 1
    MSComm1.Settings = "9600,N,8,1"
    MSComm1.PortOpen = True
    MSComm1.Output = "AT+CMGR=1" & Chr$(13)
    This reads your first sms in your inbox in PDU format.
    This code changes depending on serial port you connect your phone.I hope I could help you.

Hi! Try downloading the 2.1 SDK for earlier models. There are sample programs included. Just pick up bits and pieces from the samples and put them together. I have made one that fits your description. If you are still having problems let me know and I will send you the working code I made in VB6.

Thanks a lot guys. I have been able to develop the system easily. If anyone is interested in the code than pls contact me and i will forward the details to you.
    I achieved it using the PC Connectivity Kit but what if I would like to distribute this app. My questions are
    1. How do I distribute this app within my organisation
    2. How can the same thing be achieved by using AT Commands
    3. Would anyone like to join me to develop an ActiveX control which can work by using AT commands for any mobile which will be available via the net as freeware.
    Thanks
    Shuklaji

Hi Shuklaji,
    may you please mail to me your email?
    Kind regards Hoirkman
    hoirkman.szehsszt@gmx.de

Hi Shuklaji,
    may you please mail to me your email?
    Kind regards Hoirkman
    hoirkman.szehsszt@gmx.de

hey Shuklaji, can i have a look at your codes? my email is romstemp@yahoo.com.hk thanks a lot.

Hello,
    I read your questions and the two 23/2/2003 answers.
    First I think that you are not precise enough in your question since we have two cases :
    1. The PC is linked to the mobile phone with a cable or infra red and use it to transmit / receive to / from others mobile phones ;
    2. The PC has a modem and wants to use it to transmit / receive to / from the mobile phone.

I think that in both cases the problem is not to build the SMS but to transmit it to the mobile phone.
    1. In case 1 you can use Nokia PC Connectivity SDK 2.1 in which you have all the needed API to create and send the SMS (note that it will be sent by the mobile phone) ;
    2. In case 2 I will be very pleased to know the answer, I think that you have to use a TCP/IP driver simulating the mobile phone for sending and receiving the SMS.

Best regards.

Hi,
    can I get the sample script to send sms in ASP language with Nokia PC Connectivity 2.1 SDK ?

Please send to yunyun@aneka-infokom.co.id

Thank