Discussion Board

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Cool [announce] aXYZ 1.0.0 using XYZ axes of the N95 accelerometer !

Hello ,

This module give you access for the first time in a hidden feature of N95 : the tiny accelerator (like Nokia 5500) with 3 differents axes each with one hundred values !
    This module deprecate the previous pyextaccel 0.9.2 module for N95 because pyextaccel using sensor API offer only 4 values in only one axe X.
    Nokia Research Center has developed an research and development library N95AccelerometerPlugin for accessing the accelerator with 3 axes !
    So you must first install this library N95AccelerometerPlugin before installing aXYZ module.

In a later N95 firmware release you should be able to access the raw accelerometer data also by using the official sensor plug-in downloadable from Forum Nokia (Sensor Plug-in for 60 3rd Edition).
    But this sensor plugin can now only be used by 5500 and the new N95 8B (not the "old" N95)

Now you make the light saber on the N95

Cyke64

links :

aXYZ 3rd N95 selfsigned
    Accelerator Plugin from Nokia Research Center : (for aXYZ self-signed version only !)http://research.nokia.com/projects/activity_monitor

aXYZ 3rd N95 unsigned
    N95 AccelerometerPlugin resigned with 13 caps instead of ten (this version works only with unsigned aXYZ !)
    Don't forget to sign also the AccelerometerPlugin_13_unsigned with your dev cert !

In 1.0.2 AccceleratorPlugin is not embedded (not possible with unsigned version + problems with uninstalling !)
    So you HAVE TO install plugin before installing aXYZ module !!

Accelerator Plugin from Nokia Research Center : http://research.nokia.com/projects/activity_monitor
    MovingBall from Nokia Research Center : http://research.nokia.com/files/MovingBall_Example.sisx
    pyExtAccel with sensor API for 5500 , N95( axe X only with 4 values ) with sensor API by Jespern and Cyke64 :
    http://cyke64.googlepages.com/pyexta...ned_0_9_2.sisx
    http://cyke64.googlepages.com/pyexta...gned_0_9_2.SIS

Sensor Plug-in for 60 3rd Edition (for 5500 and N95 8GB)
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...60_3rd_ed.html

[edit]
    I have updated also the unsigned plugin !
    I have also updated the selfsigned aXYZ 1.0.2
    Both are been wrongly signed with my dev cert (sorry guys !)

[edit]
    Last edited by cyke64; 2007-11-13 at 14:20. Reason: 1.0.2 version because callback error :(
    pys60 1.4.5 and 2.0.0, pygame, PyS60 CE on E90 and 5800 !

Find my pys60 extension modules on cyke64.googlepages.com

Regular Contributor

Re: [announce] aXYZ 1.0.0 using XYZ axes of the N95 accelerometer !

Congratulations! Cyke

Great work. Btw is this sensor available in Nokia E90?

Thanks

Kiran
    ||Kiran ||
    Nokia E-65
    Nokia 7610
    Nokia N95 8GB
    Nokia E90
    Nokia 5110 !!
    Nokia 6110i !!

Regular Contributor

Wait so does the old N95 work with your plugin? I installed the one provided by nokia, and I got the little ball example that they provided working

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyke64 View Post
    Hello ,

This module give you access for the first time in a hidden feature of N95 : the tiny accelerator (like Nokia 5500) with 3 differents axes each with one hundred values !
    This module deprecate the previous pyextaccel 0.9.2 module for N95 because pyextaccel using sensor API offer only 4 values in only one axe X.
    Nokia Research Center has developed an research and development library N95AccelerometerPlugin for accessing the accelerator with 3 axes !
    So you must first install this library N95AccelerometerPlugin before installing aXYZ module.

In a later N95 firmware release you should be able to access the raw accelerometer data also by using the official sensor plug-in downloadable from Forum Nokia (Sensor Plug-in for 60 3rd Edition).
    But this sensor plugin can now only be used by 5500 and the new N95 8B (not the "old" N95)

Now you make the light saber on the N95

Cyke64

links :

aXYZ 3rd N95 selfsigned
    unsigned version soon available

Accelerator Plugin from Nokia Research Center : http://research.nokia.com/projects/activity_monitor
    MovingBall from Nokia Research Center : http://research.nokia.com/files/MovingBall_Example.sisx
    pyExtAccel with sensor API for 5500 , N95( axe X only with 4 values ) with sensor API by Jespern and Cyke64 :
    http://cyke64.googlepages.com/pyexta...ned_0_9_2.sisx
    http://cyke64.googlepages.com/pyexta...gned_0_9_2.SIS

Sensor Plug-in for 60 3rd Edition (for 5500 and N95 8GB)
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...60_3rd_ed.html

Nokia Developer Moderator

Sounds really cool! But again it doesnt work with old N95 and I dont think it works with E90 either...

Great Work Cyke64 exploting the Hidden! Still tons to do..

Best Regards
    croozeus
    Last edited by croozeus; 2007-11-13 at 05:50. Reason: mistype
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

Quote Originally Posted by croozeus View Post
    Sounds really cool! But again it doesnt work with old N95 and I dont think it works with E90 either...

Great Work Cyke64 exploting the Hidden! Still tons to do..

Best Regards
    croozeus
    Hello Croozeus ,

Sorry but it works perfectly with ALL N95 !
    For the E90 I don't know (I'm waiting feedback from N93i and E90 owners ...)

Yes it seems that N95 can do anything perhaps even make the coffee or tea

Cyke64

Super Contributor

There's some strange capability interaction going on. I have PyS60 v1.4.0, Ped v2.17 beta and aXYZ v1.0.0 installed, the latter two (re-)signed with capabilities "0xff1b4 (ALL-TCB-CommDD-MultimediaDD-DRM-DiskAdmin-NetworkControl-AllFiles)" using Ensymble. Still, when trying to import axys.pyd, this is what I get:

Code:
    ImportError: Permission denied (error -46). Possible cause: Check that axyz.pyd is compiled to have at least the same capabilities as this Python interpreter process.
    I think the embedded SIS (RDAccelerometer DLL) in aXYZ_3rd_N95_1_0_0_selfsigned.sisx is the culprit. It might need to be signed separately, as the Ensymble "signsis" command does not touch embedded SIS files.

EDIT: Oh, I get it now... RDAccelerometer DLL definitely needs to be re-signed. It has these capabilities by default: "0xff030 (ALL-TCB-CommDD-PowerMgmt-MultimediaDD-DRM-TrustedUI-ProtServ-DiskAdmin-NetworkControl-AllFiles)". Capabilities PowerMgmt, TrustedUI and ProtServ are missing, which causes the import to a more capable process to fail.
    Last edited by jethro.fn; 2007-11-13 at 08:46.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro.fn View Post
    There's some strange capability interaction going on. I have PyS60 v1.4.0, Ped v2.17 beta and aXYZ v1.0.0 installed, the latter two (re-)signed with capabilities "0xff1b4 (ALL-TCB-CommDD-MultimediaDD-DRM-DiskAdmin-NetworkControl-AllFiles)" using Ensymble. Still, when trying to import axys.pyd, this is what I get:

Code:
    ImportError: Permission denied (error -46). Possible cause: Check that axyz.pyd is compiled to have at least the same capabilities as this Python interpreter process.
    I think the embedded SIS (RDAccelerometer DLL) in aXYZ_3rd_N95_1_0_0_selfsigned.sisx is the culprit. It might need to be signed separately, as the Ensymble "signsis" command does not touch embedded SIS files.

EDIT: Oh, I get it now... RDAccelerometer DLL definitely needs to be re-signed. It has these capabilities by default: "0xff030 (ALL-TCB-CommDD-PowerMgmt-MultimediaDD-DRM-TrustedUI-ProtServ-DiskAdmin-NetworkControl-AllFiles)". Capabilities PowerMgmt, TrustedUI and ProtServ are missing, which causes the import to a more capable process to fail.
    Yes ! I know that you have to resigned the RDAccelerometer DLL for the unsigned but not the selfsigned version

1.0.2 version has been released.
    the RDAccelerometer DLL is no more embedded in the aXYZ file.
    unsigned version with 13 caps has been released too with special version of the DLL (13 caps instead of original ten from NRC site)
    And callback error (Kern exec 3) has been fixed

Have fun !

Cyke64

Super Contributor

1.0.2 version has been released.
    the RDAccelerometer DLL is no more embedded in the aXYZ file.
    unsigned version with 13 caps has been released too with special version of the DLL (13 caps instead of original ten from NRC site)
    And callback error (Kern exec 3) has been fixed
    Still not working. I signed the RDAccelerometer and aXYZ v1.0.2 with my developer certificate and all possible capabilities. When I tested "test_axyz1.py" from Ped, Python Script Shell and from standalone SIS, it still fails on import.

Thanks for the Update, cyke64 - been waiting for it.

Works great on my N95 Classic. (I did have to reboot the device first, as it crashed without such, FYI).

In your site, I saw support for key messages; If I understand correctly, it regards progromatically activation of keys, as if they were pressed.

Any chance you'd provide an example of the accelerometer controlling keys, by movements? For example, controlling the arrow keys using device twist and/or hitting the SELECT key, by specific movement/axis value or Z jump.

Does your key messages API works when the python script is in the *background*? (meaning we could activate *other* applications with the motions, hanlded by the script).

Still not working. I signed the RDAccelerometer and aXYZ v1.0.2 with my developer certificate and all possible capabilities. When I tested "test_axyz1.py" from Ped, Python Script Shell and from standalone SIS, it still fails on import.
    I suggest you to download again my version (I have just updated the AccelerometerPlugin unsigned and correct selfsigned aXYZ 1.0.2)
    You can also try to reboot your N95 ...
    What is the firmware version of your device ?
    Have you try the movingball example from NRC ?

Cyke64

Regular Contributor

This may be very true. Dlls, unlike .pyd or .exe files, tend to stay in memory on S60. If you change anything on a dll you should reboot your device to make sure changes become effective.

Super Contributor

I suggest you to download again my version (I have just updated the AccelerometerPlugin unsigned and correct selfsigned aXYZ 1.0.2)
    What is the firmware version of your device ?
    Have you try the movingball example from NRC ?
    I've reinstalled aXYZ, Accelerometer plugin, PyS60, PED and rebooted several times while doing that. No change, still gives the same capability warning. Moving ball worked yesterday, does not anymore (displays "Menu: Unable to execute file for security reasons" when started). Firmware is "V 12.0.013 19-06-07", N95 Classic.

Super Contributor

OK. Now it works.

The problem was re-signing the Accelerometer plugin. It has capabilities "0xff030(ALL-TCB-CommDD-PowerMgmt-MultimediaDD-DRM-TrustedUI-ProtServ-DiskAdmin-NetworkControl-AllFiles)". Trying to add any more will result in non-working combination.

So, aXYZ and applications must use at most those capabilities or it will not work.

OK. Now it works.

The problem was re-signing the Accelerometer plugin. It has capabilities "0xff030(ALL-TCB-CommDD-PowerMgmt-MultimediaDD-DRM-TrustedUI-ProtServ-DiskAdmin-NetworkControl-AllFiles)". Trying to add any more will result in non-working combination.

So, aXYZ and applications must use at most those capabilities or it will not work.
    @jethro.fn

I knew that so I resigned AccelerometerPlugin with 13 caps (all from free dev cert). But after for installing you HAVE TO sign it with YOUR dev cert
    resign in place with ensymble with the three missing caps doesn't work. But with signing the changed file works !
    I works with all examples ( Lightsaber , Inclinotometer from DrJukka and movingball) and of course with aXYZ
    If you have read my comments in my first post you should knwo that
    the acceleratorPlugin dev cert free unsigned is provided separately on my sourceforge site. It needs only signing !

happy pythoning
    Cyke64

Super Contributor

I knew that so I resigned AccelerometerPlugin with 13 caps (all from free dev cert). But after for installing you HAVE TO sign it with YOUR dev cert
    resign in place with ensymble with the three missing caps doesn't work. But with signing the changed file works !
    Oh, yeah, you addressed that. I overlooked it earlier, sorry about that. But somehow even with your 13 caps version (I think, was it the same earlier?) and many many reboots, it still didn't work. So now I've re-signed everything with ten capabilities and using the Accelerometer DLL that comes with the moving ball example and everything works. Maybe if I need one of those three missing capabilities I will investigate further, now I'm too tired.

Anyhow, here's a quick example of using aXYZ (based on simplecube.py, the box tries to keep its white side up):

http://www.nbl.fi/jussi.ylanen/direc...v1_0_0.sis.zip
    http://www.nbl.fi/jussi.ylanen/directionsense.py