Discussion Board

Exclamation Help!! Reading and writing to cards from the 6131 and from a card reader

Im trying to write a J2ME application that can write a value (in this case its a balance) onto either the Nokia 6131's internal card or an external Mifare Card, then I want to write an application that uses an external card reader to read that balance on either the phone or the external card.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to write the balance onto the internal card and the external card, which connection type should I use? I dont want to write an applet for the internal card since it doesnt seem very practical to say to someone, download my app, then give me your phone so I can unlock it and install this midlet etc. They could be the other side of the world.

If I dont want to write an applet does this rule out an ISO14443Connection? is there a default applet that I can send the value to for it to store?

Once ive written my J2ME application that writes to the internal and external cards, how can I write an J2SE application that will use an external reader (I have a SDI010 Smart Card Reader: https://www.scbsolutions.com/express...products_id=51) to read and write to these cards, I want it to be able to listen for targets, read the value that the J2ME application wrote to them, and update this value. The reader didnt have any instructions or SDK so I have no idea how to go about this, and I havent found any examples to learn from.

Basically I want to write a J2ME application that can read and write to the internal card of the 6131 and to an external card, and a J2SE application than can do the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Ive been struggling with this for a while!

Thanks

Daniel

Re: Help!! Reading and writing to cards from the 6131 and from a card reader

Hey Daniel

I hope you are solve your problem.
    Could help me now. I have your same problem.
    Could you pass some examples?

Thanks a lot