Discussion Board

Problem selecting SDK/ Carbide

Hi,

I am aiming to write programs for the Nokia 7610. According to the documentation it requires SDK 2.1 FeaturePack 1
    However, when I choose that option under the SDK downloads page it seems to let me download 3.0 FeaturePack 1. Is this ok?

Secondly, when I try to install Carbide 2.01 (since I have MS VS 2005) it wont let me saying that i must have VS 2003? Shouldn't it be compatible with the newer versions too?

Thanks for your help!

Rgds.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Problem selecting SDK/ Carbide

Quote Originally Posted by dimension11 View Post
    I am aiming to write programs for the Nokia 7610. According to the documentation it requires SDK 2.1 FeaturePack 1
    However, when I choose that option under the SDK downloads page it seems to let me download 3.0 FeaturePack 1. Is this ok?
    No, it will not work. S60 2nd edition FP1 is S60 2nd edition FP1, while S60 3rd edition FP1 is S60 3rd edition FP1. They are not compatible neither at source, nor at binary level.
    Secondly, when I try to install Carbide 2.01 (since I have MS VS 2005) it wont let me saying that i must have VS 2003? Shouldn't it be compatible with the newer versions too?
    If you re-visit the download page (www.forum.nokia.com, Tools and SDKs / Symbian/C++ Tools on the left), you will see that there is a new Carbide.vs (3.0) for VS 2005. Do not forget to read the related sticky threads in this forum, there is a small patch released a few days ago for example.

I tried looking for the Symbian 2.1 FP1 but I can't seem to find it? The main SDK download page makes me download the 3rd edition no matter what I select. Is there something I'm missing?

Nokia Developer Moderator

I do not know, it works for me (I have just tried both the CW and the WINS release of 2nd ed. FP1 in the list, with normal browser download).

Oh well, fixed the problem; it seems that you need to enable scripting to select from the drop down menu :S Nuts like me who surf with security turned off seem to have a problem but alls good now :):) Thanks!